Music

rub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend has asked me to do a Boudoir session with her. I have never done one before, but I am up for the challange. She is very easy going, but I know that both of us will be slightly uncomfortable, especially at first.

I am trying to design a playlist that will help both of us relax, and really move us through the shoot.

My idea is to start with fun, easy going stuff
Joe Cocker - You Can Leave Your Hat On
En Vouge – What a Man
Sir Mix Alot - Baby Got Back
Mel McDaniel - Baby's Got Her BlueJeans On
ChristinaAguelara - Ain't no other man

Then move to some slower, sexy stuff
Norah Jones – Turn Me On
ACDC - Squealer
Chris Issak – Wicked Games
Nine Inch Nails – Closer
Dierks Bentley - Come A Little Closer Baby

And then end it off with 2 or so high energy songs
Def Leopard - Pour Some Sugar On Me
Buck Cherry - Crazy *****

RHCP - Roller coaster of love

Is that a good way to progress? I want her to really leave on a high note. Also, I am in need of more songs. If anyone can reccommend a song or two that would work, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Off the top of my head:

Marvin Gaye - "Sexual Healing"
AC/DC - "You Shook Me All Night Long"
Al Green - "Let's Stay Together"
J. Geils Band - "Centerfold"
Dusty Springfield - "Son of a Preacher Man"
Bob Dylan - "Lay Lady Lay"
Bob Marley - "Is This Love"
Traveling Wilburys - "Handle with Care"
The Isley Brothers - "Who's That Lady"
Right Said Fred - "I'm Too Sexy"
Rolling Stones - "Start Me Up"
Roxy Music - "Love is the Drug"
Bob Seger - "Mainstreet"
Frank Sinatra - "The Way You Look Tonight"
Cowboy Junkies - "'cause Cheap is How I Feel"

Jon

Music is a good idea, but I would not rely on it too heavily. You will have to rely on your skills as a photographer to make her and you comfortable.

That being said. Are you running a strip club or a photo session? That is some of the cheesiest music I have ever heard. I would roll with some Breakbeat ala Freestylers, Plump DJ's or Jump up Drum and Bass ala Logistics, London Elektricity. If in doubt just throw on Pendulum "Hold Your Color".

Love & Bass

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them all out.

As far as cheesiness goes - for sure. But I also have no problem with that. I had her suggest a few songs, and then asked a few friends (in the same age group/style preference) to add a few more songs. This is what they came up with.

I think when you are doing something so strange and new (like posing in your undies) maybe a little bit of familiarity is what she is looking for?

And I totally agree with your comment, craig, about relying on my skills. It's a very valid point. I just feel that music can really help in setting the mood. I dont plan on having it blaring - just something in the background. Unless, of course, she wants to turn it up...

Music is a great idea! I recently did some shots that required a female singer to be very sexual. We cranked some music, her husband was in the room (he had been helping with the shoots all day) and I just injected a bunch of humor by playing on their chemistry. Make a lot of jokes - cheesy music can help too by making it funny - that can lead to her inhibitions dropping enough to get some really good shots.

If she's your friend, why not have a couple of beers beforehand too? That will... *ahem* definitely help (at least her).

Thanks Chris - we are having champagne ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back