Musical Inspiration

This probably works better in Berlin than LA, but try Beirut's album Gulag Orkestra, and an EP by Lykke Li called the Little Bit EP.

I have some old punk on right now. But usually it is the TV as backround noise and, it is on C-Span so I can keep up on politics at the same time.

Got anything recorded? Anything on-line? I linked to a couple of mine. ;)

I have a feeling there are some great musicians on this site. I'd like to hear some.
lol naw....
I used to take classes in school and such, but now it's just more something I play around with.

I'm sure there are quite a few very talented people in many of the arts...

Here's a sampling of my group's very new CD. Ours is not trendy music. You might start with "White People" or "Wal-Mart of the Damned" on the humorous side. I actually prefer the serious numbers such as "End of the West" and "Are You Angry Yet?" http://cdbaby.com/cd/petersayers2

When Im out shooting alone, I wear my mp3 player, with a mix of stuff that I really dig. Mostly old metal, or dark music(Midnight Syndicate, Johnny Hollow, type music. ) When Im editing, it depends on what Im workin on, but yeah, music is always on, no matter what Im doing.

I did a model shoot with music once. It was some decent american style Drum and Bass. It became background noise after a while. While post processing I listen to dark DnB. Caylx & Teebee style. The darker the better. I find it keeps me motivated. On the way to a shoot I listen to Breakbeat style. FreQ Nasty or Bassnectar preferably. Those sounds boost my creativity.

I like your mix. Although not continuous which would drive me batty. I saw Tiesto on the Playa last year. The sound was more then amazing. You know it's on when fire gets blasted toward the dance floor during all the right moments. Also saw Moby years ago. The guy is a master.

)'(

I did a model shoot with music once. It was some decent american style Drum and Bass. It became background noise after a while. While post processing I listen to dark DnB. Caylx & Teebee style. The darker the better. I find it keeps me motivated. On the way to a shoot I listen to Breakbeat style. FreQ Nasty or Bassnectar preferably. Those sounds boost my creativity.

I like your mix. Although not continuous which would drive me batty. I saw Tiesto on the Playa last year. The sound was more then amazing. You know it's on when fire gets blasted toward the dance floor during all the right moments. Also saw Moby years ago. The guy is a master.

)'(

Moby yes, the guy is genius, although I miss his early work mroe and more lately. I heard him in like 93 , when I shared a mixtape with some of his stuff on it with my buddies they were like "WTF, That's not Nirvana" ?

When Im out shooting alone, I wear my mp3 player, with a mix of stuff that I really dig. Mostly old metal, or dark music(Midnight Syndicate, Johnny Hollow, type music. ) When Im editing, it depends on what Im workin on, but yeah, music is always on, no matter what Im doing.

Chiller, you ever listen to Typo Negative, my wife turned me onto them like 8 years ago. Yes I'm old and married now that im 30 .....

If you havent, you might reallly like them, they kind of sound like the 69 eyes.

I can't listen to music while doing anything that requires concentration. I get way too distracted by it. I actually think it has something to do with my years of experience playing in bands and orchestras (trumpet, mainly). I also have some sort of crazy music memory where I can recall individual fine details of any recording seemingly forever.

I also constantly have some kind of song running in my mind. CONSTANTLY. It's kind of maddening. Right now it's Los Lobos, Matter of Time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back