Muslim wedding

JoL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was recently asked to capture some important memories for a young Muslim couple by shooting two of their wedding events. I know everybody has their own opinion about this topic and why it is a bad idea to take on such an event if you're not a professional, but I still wanted to share a couple of shots and my experience.
Here are some of my personal takeaways from the weekend:

- This is a stressful job (physically and mentally)
- I have a lot to learn
- This is the most fun I ever had with my camera and I would do it again!
- Having a glass wall behind the groom and bride and HALF a glass roof above them is very challenging for bouncing flash
- Bouncing flash off the bottom surface of plant pots hanging from the ceiling actually works if you aim well enough
- People taking pictures with smartphones and the LED light turned on don't help get the lighting right
- M43 is not that bad at high ISO
- Knowing everything about wedding traditions of the particular culture is very helpful

And here are some of the shots that I picked for no particular reason. I am not looking for a detailed critique here since I know there is mus to learn but I still wanted to share them to give you an impression of the events.

Thanks for listening!

Wedding day 1-1 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Wedding day 1-5 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Wedding day 1-3 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Wedding day 1-4 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Wedding day 1-6 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Wedding day 1-7 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Wedding day 2-1 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Wedding day 2-2 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Wedding day 2-3 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Wedding day 2-4 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Wedding day 2-5 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Wedding day 2-6 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Wedding day 2-7 by Johannes Lutz, on Flickr

Thanks for posting. These are actually quite good and very fascinating from a cultural perspective. Wonderful really. Appreciate you letting us see.

Yeah, not too shabby! Thanks for posting. I enjoyed seeing some of the detail shots, as well as some of the festivities and the wedding portrait as well.

cool shots, tells a nice story, I particularly like the henna close ups, that detailed work is impressive and nicely captured

Thank you all for the positive feedback! I am sucker for the detail shots too and I was hoping to find some like minded people here. Non photographers tend to not appreciate the detail and venue shots too much in my experience...

Thank you! And I'll definitely use Gary's analogy in the future to explain my admiration of details.

Nice shots. So much beauty to capture.
You did a nice job.

Yes, the colors were amazing without doing much in post. It really was a great experience.
On the day of the ceremony at the beach I was very very lucky with the overcast sky which took care of lighting the scenes right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back