Muslin backdrops on the cheap

From what I can tell...'Chromakey' is just a background with a uniform color. Which can be used as is...or can be easily 'removed' to allow a different background to be used. Examples would be the blue or green screens that they use in movie making. They also use something similar for weather forecasters on TV...so that they can put the map/screen behind them.

Starlite said:

Mike is exactly right. It's a background that is made specifically for pulling the subject off the background, and placing them on a digital one. For instance, I shoot childrens sports and team photos, and that is what we use. We then remove the images of the kids, and place them on the corresponding sport background.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thanks Mike and Princess!

now do you have any idea why there is such a difference in the prices on these? even the ones from the same company?!?!?!?!??

Sorry...I have no idea. My first guess would be quality/performance.

Ford sells the Focus...but also sells the Mustang GT and the Navigator. They are all vehicles...but the price varies greatly. This may be an extreme example...but do you get the gist?

thanks Mike..

seems to me like there is a lot more to a background, then just the color then!

I don't know, I thought this would be a good topic for folks to talk about more...

I guess I'm in the minority on that.

Well I have ordered one, so I will report back when it arrives, but thanks again.

I'm not sure how many of us have actual backgrounds...it's probably not very many. I'm planning on getting some...so I look forward to your feedback.

I've been using white bed sheets, for high key backgrounds. I had a shoot last night, so I bought two more yesterday...when I got there, they had a white sheet of their own...and they gave it to me afterward...so now I have at least 4 white sheets.

I should have a toga party :lol:

Thank you for that site! I never thought it would be possible to find CHEAP backdrops.

If you have some time on your hands and want to make your own muslin backdrops you can visit DIY.com. There's an instructable that will walk you through how to make it and the materials that you will need. They are only about $20.00 or $30.00 to make and the creations are endless.

Most reactions

Back