Muslin -

zendianah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zenphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't even know if I'm asking the right question. I would like to take pictures of my kids in a studio like setting in my home. Is their do it your self muslin type things that I can do? Or what color should I have? I was thinking Black or White...

Is their something that I can do that is inexpensive that takes the place of muslin..? I hope I make sense...

paper can take the place of muslin, i dont know how much it costs, but you can buy it in 6ft wide rolls

You can make your own muslins, sure. I personally don't like the look of dyed muslin. I prefer canvas backgrounds, but they are very expensive. As mentioned, roll paper is a cheap solution. You can buy a background stand setup, and roll paper usually is $20-$60 depending on the width you buy. I have 2 12' rolls, but you can certainly buy 6' rolls.

I prefer black velvet, but it's expensive and picks up lint really easily.

For cheap and quick, I use king size flat sheets, washed and ironed to get out the wrinkles. Works for sitting or standing poses, but not always the best for shots on the floor. Also, check out fabric stores.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back