my 12yo lucky Christmas shot

momo3boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know how he did it, but my 12yo snapped this one off at Christmas. It's not perfect by any means, but for an accident I think it came out pretty cool. I think I might try and do something like this on purpose!

094_edited-1.JPG

It did turn out good!
That's a good age to start.. .Mine have been shooting since about then or just before!!

what's the lens? If it's Canon, then I want it >:D It's a great picture, though!

Actually its just my old Nikon AF 35-80mm. Even though its not a digital lens, its still my favorite. MLeek, right now I just let them experiment with it. Soon though my 12 is going to be earning his photography merit badge for boy scouts. It goes through all the basics of exposure and composition. A great little beginning to really understanding what he's doing.

Actually its just my old Nikon AF 35-80mm. Even though its not a digital lens, its still my favorite. MLeek, right now I just let them experiment with it. Soon though my 12 is going to be earning his photography merit badge for boy scouts. It goes through all the basics of exposure and composition. A great little beginning to really understanding what he's doing.
Maybe that's what photography forums should do: Have a program that new shooters can go through, and if they pass they get a "Merit Badge" graphic under their name ;)

Seriously though I think that's great. I was a couple of years older than that when I got started. Old enough to know when to listen and young enough to go out and try things regardless of what people said wouldn't work (they were usually right!).

The lights on the right complete the picture perfectly. He has some flair no? ;D

I think a beginner class would be awesome! It would really cut down on all the same questions being asked over and over.

As for flair, my youngest wants to be a model when he grows up. He loves to pose for the camera!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back