My 1st Attempt on HDR

noritje

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
faiezshoots.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first attempt at HDR. Nothing impressive I guess but would appreciate C&C please. :)

_mg_1270_1_2.jpg

I'm no HDR expert, but as a first attempt, that doesn't seem a bad effort to me. It's identifiably a HDR, but it's no where near as 'wild' as some I've seen. If I was going to make any suggestions, it might be to re-take it if you can from slightly further right, so the statue and the tower are separated more. You could also lose a little of the sky by tilting the camera down a little more - not only would you get more of the detail of the church in, but the converging verticals effect would be lessened. Lastly, spend a little time on burning in the bright spot on the statue's pedestal, as you've lost some detail there.

I like it, But I have to ask if this was done from multiple pictures or from just one picture. Looks like its been -2 0 +2 from one photo. than HDR'd. It's lacking alote of shades for an hdr. But Like I said, I like it.

What do you mean one photo? last I knew an HDR image was 3 pictures taken at 3 different exposures. all framed the same and usually shot on a tripod. I guess you could edit the exact same one if you shot it in RAW? dont know why. like I said last I knew it takes at least 3 different pictures.

as far as the HDR goes I feel like there might be more detail to be had in the sky? maybe it was just a clear sky day. for future ones days with clouds look AMAZING when done correctly. Building and statue looks good tho!

What do you mean one photo? last I knew an HDR image was 3 pictures taken at 3 different exposures. all framed the same and usually shot on a tripod. I guess you could edit the exact same one if you shot it in RAW? dont know why. like I said last I knew it takes at least 3 different pictures.

as far as the HDR goes I feel like there might be more detail to be had in the sky? maybe it was just a clear sky day. for future ones days with clouds look AMAZING when done correctly. Building and statue looks good tho!

Your correct, to get good HDR's it requires 3 or more photos taken with a tripod, manual focus, no changing DOF and of course all diffrent exposures. This can also be done with one photo than changing the exposures in PS like you said, or through photomatix it self, But doing it this way usually lacks alote of tones and shades.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions! I actually have another picture with the tower and the statue apart, will try do that later and post here.

Anyway, I took 3 pictures using my Canon 450D in RAW, it has this AEB function. Didn't use tripod tho, just used the multiple shot and fired 3 times. For the HDR, I was using Photomatix for the HDR. I actually don't know much how to do it :p so I just took this 3 pictures and combined them and then play around with it.

I also think the effect is less dramatic than I wanted but my knowledge is so lame haha. I will need to practice more!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back