hi this is part of photo shoot i took before need advise ...no commercial

$ayu1.jpg

EOS 60D
50mm f1.8 II
f3.5
1/250
iso-3200
vivid picturestyle

Not a bad first shot! There are a few suggestions I will offer for improvement: Clean up the stray hairs above her eyes (ideally get them out of the way before the shot; saves a LOT fo time in post). I think that the shot should have been framed a bit wider; I'm not fond of the way her left eye is right against the frame. Additionally, the processing on the make-up seems a little over-done, especially the lipstick which almost looks as if it were applied in post.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Your settings are confusing to me.

Good photo overall. Maybe a tad tighter than I would have done.

I would fix up the wood pieces on the fan so they look cleaner

agree about the stray hairs...
i don't care for the color of lipstick, as it doesn't seem to 'flow' with the rest of the pic. it detracts from her eyes. think a more muted pinkish lipstick would have worked a little better, but that's just my opinion.

but, a very nice photo!

yeah you rite...i tried before to clean the hair but i'm not good at PS ...i used clone and healing brush but still failure :(
i have another what do you think :

$ayu6.jpg

$ayu13.jpg

I am also confused by the camera settings.
do you have a tripod? why iso 3200 for a still shot?
what sort of lighting did you use?

at that time i was using Automatic , and hand held

There are several issues here. The stray hairs (as mentioned), the bright highlight on her nose and left eyebrow (makeup?) don't really look natural, since there are no highlights in her eyes corresponding to a light source that would cause those highlights. The lack of DOF renders parts of her soft, in a way that (IMO) detract from the image. She is also appears to be wearing contacts... I would clone out or soften the edge of the contact as it doesn't look natural. Processing just looks odd..

I would like to see the original, before it was processed... to get some idea of what is going on.

Last edited:
I feel that this image :

47140d1370718275-my-1st-makeup-photo-shoot-need-advise-ayu6.jpg

is the best of the bunch... nice work! Framed a little tight for my tastes.. but it works.

There are several issues here. The stray hairs (as mentioned), the bright highlight on her nose and left don't really look natural, since there are no highlights in her eyes corresponding to a light source that would cause those highlights. The lack of DOF renders parts of her soft, in a way that (IMO) detract from the image. She is also appears to be wearing contacts... I would clone out or soften the edge of the contact as it doesn't look natural. Processing just looks odd..

I would like to see the original, before it was processed... to get some idea of what is going on.

here the original

$test.jpg

I am also confused by the camera settings.
do you have a tripod? why iso 3200 for a still shot?
what sort of lighting did you use?

it was not photo studio its a room with poor light problem is i used 1 flash cheap flash YN460 and sometime it won't turn on , there were about 3-4 photographer at that room so i can't tell you if i really using the flash or not ...so i used Auto for Iso

deleted

Last edited:
yeah nicer ...but look at the sign "my photo are not OK to edit" :er: lol..... anyway thx i try to fix it ...thank you all for the input...help me alot

yeah nicer ...but look at the sign "my photo are not OK to edit" :er: lol..... anyway thx i try to fix it ...thank you all for the input...help me alot

Sorry.. I will delete it.. I missed that..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back