My 1st Senior shoot

gummibear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some from my 1st senior shoot, this was actually loads of fun, she was such a giggle box, which lightened the mood. Comments and Critiques welcome :)
5736148948_5a5a22752d_z.jpg

5743429887_4ca94c2085_z.jpg

5743422931_fc29902a45_z.jpg

5743419255_fdae36943c_z.jpg

Here's a collage that i put together for her I also made another but I like this one better, what do you think?
5743424915_99b9423209_z.jpg

5743431923_7de29ec31f_z.jpg

#1 is the best IMO. The poses in 4 and 5 are very awkward though.

#1 is also the best.

What is up with #4? Bite the finger pr0n thing? I don't even...

On the collage, the right one...wha'? It looks like you caught her in mid sentence.

She's very centered in all the frames.

1. Looks a touch overexposed, but that could be my laptop. A different crop maybe. I would prefer her feet be more in focus or out of focus, they;re just a little too in between for my liking. Is there some significance to the tshirt? I know you probably couldn't help what she was wearing, but unless it holds some meaning a tshirt seems a little underdressed for senior portraits, IMO.

2. Crop seems weird, I think. Shoulder and hair is cut off. Maybe flipping it would help?

3. Bright tshirt and bright flowers compete for attention. Maybe move her away from the background some and get a little less DOF and a shirt in complimenting colors...yellow, green or something...?

4. Just No....

5. I agree.... looks like you caught her mid sentence and her pose is exactly the same. I feel like she should have some variation in her pose for a collage.

6. Probably the best IMO. Not centered, good eye contact. Tshirt is not very distracting. I might try upping the contrast some though.

well, she wanted to do the finger biting thing, that's just her. I guess i should've just left it out.
She chose the outfit, I told her about the whole clothing thing, nothing distracting, solid colors, preferably not tanks, but she brought all of that. Anyways, the posing is my fault, I will definately work on that. I was having difficultly posing her because of her waistline, This was a freebie for my niece, she couldn't afford photos, so this was her graduation gift from me to her. I guess I kinda screwed it all up. She does like them however and put the first one in her yearbook. For future reference, No finger in the mouth :thumbup: got it.

Finger in the mouth is too submissive naughty girl pose that you see in advertising. It just doesn't work with a senior shoot. Pin up yes, boudoir ok, senior high school girl. Not likely. I liked number one the best. Even number two is ok but i think number two could do with a bit of light to brighten it up. Looks a little flat. I think in number five her expression is the most natural and could have been a great shot. Do you have it where she isn't cut off. Thats a good one as well to me. It's ok to educate them when your posing your clients too. It helps, I am constantly telling people to stick there necks out a bit like a turtle. Prevents the chin chin thing. Many people laugh at me but I am bossy posing. Well I am pretty bossy at everything lol. Thanks for sharing, and glad she liked them.

In shot one you have probably shot at F1.8 and missed focus by about 12" focus is near her right hand, shot 3 would have been the best if you had turned your camera vertical and got better focus

Most reactions

New Topics

Back