My 2nd post

randyphotoforum

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I promise to stop using this Title:wink:

C&C is always welcome on any of my pics so if you like it or not please tell me why.....

this is a Great Blue Heron (I suspect everyone here knew that already) shot on Lake Norman North Carolina (from my boat), so big deal right, there are hundreds of them there every spring. The reason I liked this shot was the (lucky) reflection I got.

$p985079886-4.jpg

Nice shot! Interesting shadow on the wing!

The shadow really adds a neat element to this photo! Very cool :D

I also like the shadow :)

It's a nice shot. Good focus/sharpness. And I also like the shadow.
Only critique is that I feel it's cropped a bit too tite. I'd use a more conventional aspect ratio with the birds body around the lower 1/3 intersection; head towards the upper 1/3 line and pushing centered.

Great photo! The shadow is really cool.

Nice shot! As everyone has said that shadow definitely adds some uniqueness to the shot. I have family that lives on Lake Norman. Spent some time down there as a kid on their boats. Beautiful area.

It's a nice shot. Good focus/sharpness. And I also like the shadow.
Only critique is that I feel it's cropped a bit too tite. I'd use a more conventional aspect ratio with the birds body around the lower 1/3 intersection; head towards the upper 1/3 line and pushing centered.

thx for your feedback.....as an FYI I never use an aspect ratio, I always crop for composition, tight on the non flight direction and a little looser in the flight direction....

thx everyone

Lake Norman has an island that has been deemed (and protected) as a wildlife refuge that becomes a rookery for Great Blue Herons from April to August and there are literally hundreds of nesting pairs and all their chicks,
fortunately it can only be reached by boat so predators and people stay away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back