My 2nd shared photo

explody pup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
barkandbuds.jpg

Please forgive the file size. My home computer is on the verge of dieing and I haven't been able to bring my images to a lower resolution yet.

Lungfarmer said:
Very nice! I like it a lot. Picture size is perfect for me :)

It works well for my resolution and connection speed, but I'm trying to keep our 56k friends in mind.

I really like it!
The dark bark contrasts well with the flowers....obviously a tad more DOF would be good but when don't I say that?

remarkable image, i quite enjoyed this one.. i fortunately have asdl here so it loaded quickly. Excellent post, can't wait to see more from you!

do tell us what kind of lens you are using.

vonnagy said:
do tell us what kind of lens you are using.
I'm just using the standard 50mm that came with my Pentax. I'm kinda torn between the idea of putting some of my tax return toward a more veratile lens or building up more skill with the one I have. Though my bills will probably help me reach a decision. :wink:

if its any consolation, i used a versatile lens (Tamron 28-300) and recently saved up to buy a 15mm-30mm. Though I can't do telephoto, the lens basically sits on my camera because the quality is so much better than my tamron. I am going to chuck in some more $$$ to get an 85mm prime lens soon. I think you sacrifice quality quite a bit with versatility, i don't think you would be able to acheive the DOF you have in this photo with a versatile lens unless you fork out the big bucks.

Most reactions

Back