My American Pit Bull Terrier mix!

Stupid people should be "eradicated" , has nothing to do with the dog or the breed, you can train a lab to be just as aggressive as a pitty.

Agreed, I have never owned a pit bull in my life, so I have no personal bias(although I have been around a few)...but it shows complete ignorance to say a breed should be eradicated. Any dog can be trained to be aggressive, and any dog can be aggressive without being "trained" to be that way. My 4 yr old was attacked by a chihahua (sp?) once and still has a scar from it at the age of 16.

It is not about the dog..or "Breed". It is about owners who should remember that dogs are dogs...not to be treated as humans. They need structure, excercise and to be taught from the moment they enter our lives that we are in charge...not them. Wow I sound like the Dog Whisperer...sorry..I just can't stand that kind of ignorance...

And btw, I'm IBTL...LOL

As Traveler has pointed out, there is a little work to be done. Always try to remember that you eye will generally wander towards the brightest part of the image. That's one of the biggest things I have learned that has helped me with any type of photography.

My opinion? The breed should be eradicated. You were 'shooting' with the wrong type of equipment, IMO. A rifle would have been more fitting.

I just hope there are no small kids around that dog.

And before you say that this dog has never shown any signs of agression, I would point you to the thousands of stories that have said the same thing. The breed is unstable and has proven it time and again.

I'm sorry, did he ask what your opinion was on that particular breed of dog? Don't voice your opinion on something completely unrelated just to troll.
Until you turn into Big Mike and a Moderator, I don't care what you have to say. I gave my opinion. I don't care if you don't agree with it.

I don't think dodge was what you meant, I think you meant burn tool?

And I would title this "ball's out".
Hah.

I think it's a cool shot
I've never taken a picture of my pups
They become to interested and start looking too alerted, can never get them relaxed.

Yes, I did mean the burn tool!

My opinion? The breed should be eradicated. You were 'shooting' with the wrong type of equipment, IMO. A rifle would have been more fitting.

I just hope there are no small kids around that dog.

And before you say that this dog has never shown any signs of agression, I would point you to the thousands of stories that have said the same thing. The breed is unstable and has proven it time and again.
Wow are you stoopid? #1 this is a PHOTOGRAPHY site why the hell are you going on about his dog breed. #2 Ever watched Dog Whisperer? NO certain breed is to blame, it is the owners or the dogs up bringing that is to blame.

I wasn't planning on this turning into a debate about the breed of dog I own... I will say that pit bulls are incredibly stupid dogs. If you don't teach them anything they probably will be a handful and hard to control..possibly very unstable. I love my dog to death..he's well mannered and knows quite a few tricks..but he will still run face first into the coffee table just because he really is that dumb! They are also very stubborn and difficult to train. It took me 4 or 5 tries to get my German Shepherd to learn how to sit..it took Atlas (my pit bull) the better part of a day.

They are also very stubborn and difficult to train. It took me 4 or 5 tries to get my German Shepherd to learn how to sit..it took Atlas (my pit bull) the better part of a day.
That's probably more to do with the fact he was 'saved'

I spent my entire life dealing with what people call "dangerous" animals, ive had big boas, rock pythons, big monitors, pretty much everything in between and I have a rottweiler. Ive never had any issues or heard of and issues of somebody who actually has had a big snake try to eat them, I think I seen one on the news like 6 years ago. It has nothing to do with the animals breed or species, if you have any animal you should know how to care for it and train it, if possible cause you cant really train a snake. Animals kill people all the time do you think they should all be eradicated ?, if your stomping through the woods and you get eaten by a bear thats your own fault, the same way that if your 6 year old is poking a dog in the eye or pinching him or pulling his hair or something like that and gets bitten thats your fault, not even the kids

The only reason why chiwawas and shih-tzus and all those other little things are not in the same category as pitt-bulls and rotty's is because they arn't big enough to do any damage.
Thats my rant for the day anyway lol

Debate about dog breeds and dangerous animals/pets stops here.
Return to discussion about the photos themselves and leave debate regarding breeds and the like out of the beginners section (in fact such debates if they are to occur should happen in "Off Topic" only).

Debate about dog breeds and dangerous animals/pets stops here.
Return to discussion about the photos themselves and leave debate regarding breeds and the like out of the beginners section (in fact such debates if they are to occur should happen in "Off Topic" only).

Fine.

In regards to the original images, I think they are all a bit overexposed and lack contast. A curves adjustment would be beneficial, although the fact that the backgrounds are in broad day light won't make it easy. The background is just a bit too bright to be able to highlite the subject.

Should be able to darken the background a little with an exposure mask, no?
I also tried to add a little depth to it by enhancing the wrinkles. Not ideal crop, just thought it might be better this way. Eliminates the bright spot. Cut off genitalia and back legs, does it look weird?

Atlasedt.jpg

Should be able to darken the background a little with an exposure mask, no?
I also tried to add a little depth to it by enhancing the wrinkles. Not ideal crop, just thought it might be better this way. Eliminates the bright spot. Cut off genitalia and back legs, does it look weird?

Atlasedt.jpg
Very nice edit. Great job.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back