My artsy ones ;) (DC meetup)

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Yesterday was the TPF DC Meetup, and I finally got to put some faces with the names, and some real names with the fake ones :). I met jocose and JonMikal, and we had a blast! Go check out the official thread started by jocose to see his pictures and my non-artsy ones.

Now for the artsy ones (They're also in the meetup thread, but I thought I'd do 56kers a little faver. Now it's only 14 images, instead of over 40! :lol: )
1. Winged
Wingedforum.jpg

2. Watercolor
Watercolorforum.jpg

3. Union Station
UnionStationforum.jpg

4. Surrealscape
Surrealscapeforum.jpg

5. Reflection--Distortion
Reflection--Distortionforum.jpg

6. The Great Pyramids
GreatPyramidsforum.jpg

7. Appalacian Stand-off
Fountainforum.jpg

8. Individuality
FollowtheLeaderforum.jpg

9. The Obligatory Escalator Shot
escalatorforum.jpg

10. Corner
Cornerforum.jpg

11. Capitol Street
CapitolStreetforum.jpg

12. Capitol Construction
CapitolConstructionforum.jpg

13. C
Cforum.jpg

14. Lightplay
Lightplayforum.jpg

I apologise to any 56kers out there.

MAN THESE PHOTOS ARE AWESOME!!!!:mrgreen: cant decide for a favourite, its beetween number 2, 4, 6 (still cant figure out what they are.....), 8, and 14......
ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!! THANKS TO YOU I HAVE A SMILE ON MY FACE NOW!! ARE YOU HAPPY, UH!!??:grumpy:

Those are all incredible photos, but the two esclalator ones really speak to me.

Very inspirational work. :hail:

Go Joe :thumbup: I could never pick a favorite here. I love your style, and these are all super shots. Very impressed with the whole series!

That 'individuality' is neat! :thumbsup:

I'm with Daniel here, the "Individuality" struck me as remarkable first (though all of these are attractive, each in their own way), the only thing that niggles me about that "individuality" photo is the fact that this one person is bursting through the frame. But maybe that is the clou about this picture and I am not getting it. Would not surprise me, mind.

But I'm also a huge fan of the "Lightplay" and the "Surrealscape" (of which I like the word best :D).

And I like the deep blue of the sky with the shining gold of the Victoria (I suppose it is one?) in the first and how you placed here to the left.

Please explain the "Appalachian Stand-off" to me, will you?

excellent series Joe! catching many outstanding shots in a single day is the mark of a good eye!

Thanks everyone! make sure you also look at the official thread linked to at the top :)
Ramiro-look at jocose's no. 23 to make more sense of it ;)
LaFoto, yeah, the person going out of frame bothers me, too, but I didn't get the shot in time. That doesn't keep that one from being my favorite, though ;)
Everyone else, thanks!

Great work Joe...love 5, 8, 9, 10, 14 especially! In 8 the second guy going up almost looks like George Bush :lol: I'd be tempted to try black and white on that one, but I like it as is too...nice shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back