My barred owl got picked as a finalist in a photo contest.

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I entered the SC wildlife federation photo contest this year in 2 categories. critters and landscapes. got picked as a finalist in both.

this is my first real recognition of my work, although I have not entered many photo contests, I feel very honored to be picked, and very surprised to be picked in landscapes.
anyways facebook seems to be the way they display the work. I think the number of likes is how the determine a winner. mine, is the barred owl called "funny face", of course dont feel obligated to like my photo, but I would love it if you did like my photo :D

https://www.facebook.com/SCWildlifeFederation

also my landscape photo is the "downtown fishin'"

these are the 2 photos selected.

$11.jpg

$12.jpg

Oh, and way to represent SC! :mrgreen:

Congratulations. That owl shot is just great. :thumbup:

WesternGuy

Awesome! You should look for opportunities to get your work out there, you do some outstanding work.
I "liked" that barred owl; I think you're gonna blow the competition away in that category. Though I have to admit, the ospreys fighting rocked too.

Yeah that osprey photo is good, i would love to have seen that

Thanks for the support.

I would love to do more contests, I entered the state fair last year, and it was more of a go big or go home, my photo last year got lost, it was very small.

this year im going with a heron photo I took with my old 500mm p manual focus lens at F4 wide open. it got lucky and hit focus and loved the lighting on it, still one of my favorite images, I had it printed 20x30 and professionally framed, although the investment in framing was not cheap, I could always put a different 20x30 photo in it, or even possibly sell it if someone wanted it.

here is that photo:

$image.jpeg

$b2.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! You should look for opportunities to get your work out there, you do some outstanding work.
I "liked" that barred owl; I think you're gonna blow the competition away in that category. Though I have to admit, the ospreys fighting rocked too.

Yup what Sharon said :) But you got my like also... If you need a big push, let me know and I will throw it on my FB page :)

Love that Heron shot, should be a winner also, like so many of your shots are!

What everyone else said, plus congrats and well done!

Congrats Matt! I hope you win :) You got my like. The Ospreys fighting has good action; however, the light is not so good.

the owl got 4th place, regardless of having by far the most likes on facebook, I guess it just didn't mater. the landscape got 2nd place, just a snapshot with my zeiss 85mm planer from a while ago.

the large egret for the state fair was not accepted. funny how my tiny photo last year was accepted and not very good. I have come a long way, so im really unsure why, maybe due to its size.

It was rigged! You should have won for sure!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back