My basement studio is complete!

guitarmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few coats of paint, some new ceiling tiles and a lot of time later, the studio is complete. All that's left are the decorating touches - pictures, some different furniture, and so forth.

626795269_eb09b33b12.jpg

626795279_5907bc927c.jpg

626795305_165f4c0ecc.jpg

626795319_9fadc0f630.jpg

626795331_9e44993625.jpg

The office end looks kinda ugly in these pictures, but it's actually pretty sweet. It'll be especially nice when some pictures are on the walls and I have my computer etc set up.
There's also a bedroom right off of the main room, which will double as a prop room as well as a makeup/change room.

Very awsome

you can do some tricks to get away from the issues of low ceiling. creatively bouncing a strobe off the ceiling, or if you need it direct you can lower the power significantly,.... I dont know all the tricks but Im sure youll be fine in there, looks very nice

What color and finish are those walls? They look a little too reflective. I think the best paint for studio walls is the least reflective...matte maybe?

The walls are a deep grey, matte finish. There are apparently 3 levels of matte (from total matte, mid-matte, almost-lacquer matte). So I went with almost-lacquer, hoping to bridge the gap between ugly functional studio and very nice, unfunctional room.

They are a bit reflective, but not too bad. Won't put any color cast on people and perhaps it'll make me be a little more aware of my light control.

That makes sense...I can't wait to see some results.

very very nice ... what are the dimensions of the actual shooting studio area?

Thanks! Dimensions are 7' high, 12' wide, 35' long (give or take). So low roof, but nice and long and wide enough to get the job done.

Have my first shoot there tonight!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back