My best bird shots

Ah cool, there are beaver and muskrats in that same lake those were in. Cool!

I remember the first time we saw a muskrat there, I thought it was just a friggen huge rat. Me and my wife are standing there going 'wow freaky, run! giant rats!!' LOL

Great catch on the Yellow Headed Blackbird, not often seen bird and usually at great distances. Good way of telling is the white on the wings :

I've noticed this, I read they share habitat with the redwing blackbird but have never seen one my self and have seen dozens of redwing blackbirds.

Yes and they also migrate with flocks of RWBB nesting and raising young in marshy areas atop of Beaver huts and or Muskrat huts. Quite a secretive bird. Water depths and size of openwaters in marshy ares also play a big part in they're decisions for nesting. I was quite lucky to get the shot that I did last Spring at Horicon Marsh

hey Invisodude do you mind if i throw up a picture of my own grus americana?

i tried getting close when i visited maverick beach

i was like almost waist deep in water cuz he was standing out near the intertidal zone when i got closer, he looked like he wanted to fight me as if i was in his bubble, waist deep in water, expensive gear on...fighting a bird this time is not an option (book it!) haha

mlp1xi.jpg

sure glad you posted it, cool shot! and Great story! Man yes, I wouldn't want big bird attacking me in the water either lol. I've had a duck attack (a pet mind you!) and that was freaky enough lol

its funny they always go for the eyes, they want our eye juice or something haha

Most reactions

Back