My bestfriends wedding

I don't want to be rude, but was the bride's dress really neon blue?

Secondly, you actually don't have the right to be posted the photographers image on this site unless you or your friend specifically paid for the rights to put it online. Just thought I would note that as well.

Looked like a beautiful sunset none-the-less.

Nope. It was white but the sunset was amazing that night. That's an untouched picture. It's just what my camera captured.

I don't want to be rude, but was the bride's dress really neon blue?

Secondly, you actually don't have the right to be posted the photographers image on this site unless you or your friend specifically paid for the rights to put it online. Just thought I would note that as well.

Looked like a beautiful sunset none-the-less.

Oh and we have all rights to post her pics. One she's a friend and two she gave us all discs to what we want.

Well, I personally prefer the photographers, the blue hues could be slightly brought back better then the colour of the dresses could be corrected in the p&s version. (No, I don't have anything against p&s)

I like the second version...

I like the second one best too

I took this with my little hand held Nikon.​

This is the paid photographers $3000 camera!I think it's crazy how my little cheap piece of crap camera captured all the colors and hers didn't capture any of the true colors.​
Wow you really can tell why they hired a professional. And as far as the compsition I bet it was real tricky to shoot over the photograper's shoulder after he posed the picture.

I'd go for the second one - although both have wonky horizons. There's more detail in it, it's better exposed, the colours are warmer which is right for a sunset.

I don't see how you think the first is better than the second - regardless of what the light actually was like, the second is more natural than the first.

Well I guess you had to be there to see the colors that night. There were all pinks and blues. There were no yellows and reds.

This photographer is good but she almost missed the sunset till the bridesmaids said "hey are we going to take pictures by the water".

One more thing... I wasn't peering over her shoulder during this shoot I was standing next to her.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone has mentioned something that wasn't scriped, like shooting by the water. Being able to think on you feet is the mark of a good photographer. Also not being afraid to follow someone else lead, if the idea is worthy. Sometimes even when it is a stupid idea it's easier just to go along.

I don't fault the photographer for not thinking of the beach scene I give her points for being willing to take advantage of someone else's suggestion. Anyway often the real scene isn't as pretty as the one that looks real.

Well I guess you had to be there to see the colors that night. There were all pinks and blues. There were no yellows and reds.​

This photographer is good but she almost missed the sunset till the bridesmaids said "hey are we going to take pictures by the water".​

One more thing... I wasn't peering over her shoulder during this shoot I was standing next to her.

Well wherever you were standing it's still not really your shot just one the photographer set up and you took. This is a reason alot of wedding photographers (myself not included) do not take kindly to other people shooting beside them over their shoulder or wherever. Then that person comes back later and says "look you don't have to but any of their prints mine are better. I don't think a forum where people make money shooting weddings is the place to post this kind of thread. I wouldn't expect many people here to see it your way.

Well wherever you were standing it's still not really your shot just one the photographer set up and you took. This is a reason alot of wedding photographers (myself bot included) do not take kindly to other people shooting beside them over their shoulder or wherever. Then that person comes back later and says "look you don't have to but any of their prints mine are better. I don't think a forum where people make money shooting weddings is the place to post this kind of thread. I wouldn't expect many people here to see it your way.

:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back