Reaction score
Any thoughts?

TurnTillClear.jpg

For the stars...
3663ea29.jpg

Another picture, really dark tho...:(
599054a3.jpg

Last edited:
I am wondering what those background lights are. They have interesting shape.

They are stars. OP used a cover over the lens with a small star, it replaces the normal circular bokeh with whatever shape you have.

I think its a neat concept, however that there aren't any full stars makes it a dud for me. Are there any others that have the full shape in the bokeh?

Last edited by a moderator:
They are stars. OP used a cover over the lens with a small star, it replaces the normal circular bokeh with whatever shape you have.

I think its a neat concept, however that there aren't any full stars makes it a dud for me. Are there any others that have the full shape in the bokeh?

and that the background "bokeh" is fried to the max! Straight 255 all the way across! :)

Awesome shot =) Looking forward to your next bokeh attempt!

It looks like ASS and you are calling it Awesome? Don't you think that might encourage the OP to keep on creating poorly focused, overexposed "bokeh"? How is saying this is "awesome" going to help him improve? :)

It looks like ASS and you are calling it Awesome? Don't you think that might encourage the OP to keep on creating poorly focused, overexposed "bokeh"? How is saying this is "awesome" going to help him improve? :)

I posted this thread in the beginners forum, therefore I am a beginner and looking for improvement most definitely. If you have any ideas on how to improve my photos, I would be very glad to hear them. ;)

I posted this thread in the beginners forum, therefore I am a beginner and looking for improvement most definitely. If you have any ideas on how to improve my photos, I would be very glad to hear them. ;)

Corey.. that comment was not really aimed at you.. I get frustrated when people say something is AWESOME when it isn't, because it sets up a conflict where a new photographer doesn't know WHO to listen to!

Your BOKEH is WAY overexposed.... I would suggest metering for the background if you plan on doing this kind of shot, so that your bokeh is not overexposed. You could still properly expose the meter by using the flash in manual mode, and gauging the exposure on the meter by using the manual exposure distance guide on the flash.

It is also out of focus... because you did not use a small enough aperture to get a DOF that would cover both the foreground subject (meter) and the distant cityscape (bokeh). I would suggest that you study DOF application and checking out this DOF calculator: Online Depth of Field Calculator

Last edited:
if you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask them.. or PM me! :)

Charlie

[/QUOTE]

Corey.. that comment was not really aimed at you.. I get frustrated when people say something it AWESOME when it isn't, because it sets up conflict where a new photographer doesn't know WHO to listen to!

Your BOKEH is is WAY overexposed.... I would suggest metering for the background if you plan on doing this kind of shot, so that your bokeh is not overexposed. You could still properly expose the meter by using the flash in manual mode, and gauging the exposure on the meter by using the manual exposure distance guide on the flash.

It is also out of focus... because you did not use a small enough aperture to get a DOF that would cover both the foreground subject (meter) and the distant cityscape (bokeh). I would suggest study DOF application and checking out this DOF calculator: Online Depth of Field Calculator[/QUOTE]

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I know the photo is not awesome by all means, but I joined the forum to get a point of view by professional photographers instead of mere friends that tell me my photo looks good because they don't know the difference. So thank you again for posting some tips on making better photos as I want to learn how to grow instead of stopping completely.

Always glad to try to help! I do apologize for the rudeness of my earlier comment. Think of that poster (that I was replying to) as one of your friends who doesn't have a clue.. probably not someone that could help you! :)

Most reactions

Back