Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Erik needed a portrait of himself for a graphic design project he is working on (it's about self-promotion)..and he wanted the dramatic lighting with the light coming from above, and shadows on his face...he was happy with it as is, so it was perfect for his needs...I however wanted to re-work it a bit in PS..I wanted to put some catchlights in his eyes, but I'm not succeeding in making it look natural. If anyone can do better, please feel free to do so! And if possible, tell me how ya did it! Anyway..here it is.

Dramatic2.jpg

Oh...and I'm feeling quite honored...I was messing with the settings..just playing around with this one, and he liked it, so he's using this one as his avatar on his forum...I call it the devil picture. :)

Erikisdevilresize.jpg

haha the second one is a bit scary! he is so red like a devil :) hah I tried to do something with the eyes and the catchlights but the results are not welcomed :D it looks too fake so I will try something more later...

mentos_007 said:
haha the second one is a bit scary! he is so red like a devil :) hah I tried to do something with the eyes and the catchlights but the results are not welcomed :D it looks too fake so I will try something more later...

Yeah..I couldn't get them to look decent either. :(

core_17 said:
Does anyone know how to PS some catchlights so they look at least mostly natural?
What I would do is go back.... set up the lights into his eyes like you want them to look...... take the picture.... take the eyes from that picture and paste them onto your picture you have there.
You will have to do a lot of blending to make it look good but I think that would work

if you still need some help just email me or something... I'll get it done for ya. :)

core_17 said:
Does anyone know how to PS some catchlights so they look at least mostly natural?
did you want it done to the first picture or the second one(the red one) ?

LittleMan said:
did you want it done to the first picture or the second one(the red one) ?

The first...the second was just me goofing around, and he liked it enough that he told me he's gonna use it as an avatar...that's the only reason I shared that one. And I don't even know how to put something from one picture into another, so that's out...I just wanted to do catchlights in PS...if that's not possible, that alright.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I think I could have done better though...I didn't have any time to prepare, and didn't even have time to rig up some reflectors...he was just over the other day, and out of nowhere he just goes "set up your studio, I need some shots of myself"...and this was less than an hour before he had to leave for the day...sheesh..doesn't he know I need time to prepare? :mrgreen: When I did my first photoshoot, I think I took two hours just to prepare, and that's not including lighting tests and stuff I did in the days before that!

Here ya go Corry.
I had a little extra time on my hands... thought I'd help you out.

hope you like it.

eyes.jpg

oh, and don't tell him that I used a lady's eyes to do that... :mrgreen:

:lmao:

Most reactions

Back