my brother

sycondavey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
how do i make people look more "professional," or like a "real" musician?

DSC_5278.sized.jpg

want him to look like a musician? have him PLAY the axe. or just grow his hair, and get some tatoos......

he either needs to be in his environment (as mentioned, playing or on a set) or in an environment that conveys the type of music he records.

Get a picture of him with the guitar in hands doing something that reflects his type of music. If he's a loud-angry-rock type, get a picture of him in the middle of a rocking solo, some motion blur on the hands wailing on the strings. Multi-colored, wild lighting wouldn't be bad (like stage lights)
Or if he's into the softer stuff, how about him sitting on a stool with a plain, dark-ish background with a mic on a stand in front of him. A good hard white 'spot-light' maybe
Or if he like to spend time in a studio, get him sitting on an amp with headphones on, maybe from an extremely low angle, looking up at him while he's looking at his hands fretting the chords. Warmer lighting, maybe somewhere almost around the yellow/ orange of incandescent.

Just some ideas that i have in my head of potential pictures.

GregF422 said:
Get a picture of him with the guitar in hands doing something that reflects his type of music. If he's a loud-angry-rock type, get a picture of him in the middle of a rocking solo, some motion blur on the hands wailing on the strings. Multi-colored, wild lighting wouldn't be bad (like stage lights)
Or if he's into the softer stuff, how about him sitting on a stool with a plain, dark-ish background with a mic on a stand in front of him. A good hard white 'spot-light' maybe
Or if he like to spend time in a studio, get him sitting on an amp with headphones on, maybe from an extremely low angle, looking up at him while he's looking at his hands fretting the chords. Warmer lighting, maybe somewhere almost around the yellow/ orange of incandescent.

Just some ideas that i have in my head of potential pictures.

Thanks, I like the studio Idea.

Nice!

I'd bump up a lil more contrast!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back