my buddy in a field - c&c

TurboRaddo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my friend graciously let me use his canon 10-22mm lense so i felt obligated to take a picture of him and post it up here for some c&c. so let me know what you think.
telling me the negatives will always prove to be positive for me in future pictures!

4144838687_d6479a3e88.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/500)
Aperture: f/22.0
Focal Length: 10 mm
ISO Speed: 1600
Exposure Bias: 0 EV

The first thing that draws my eye is the alien-esk probes coming from behind his ear. I have a huge problem focusing on the whole picture. It seems I always have weird things poking around that just make me go "Holy hell....I should have bought stock in Photshop! One day I'll finally get it. I'm sure you will as well.

I do like that you captured some personality. It fairly oozes from the smirky grin. I'd like to see more eye to connect more.

i completely see what you are saying. now that i look at it after reading your comment, the shadow across his eyes really takes away from the picture. then the lighting seems to draw you back towards his ear where the power line tower is. his neck was also too dark.

i had another photo that i was playing around with to get rid of the power lines, but since they go across the entire sky, i could not get it to look perfect. maybe ill give it a go on this one.

I think maybe trying some different angles would have been nice. The shadows from the sun are on the most important parts of his face, his eyes, and I kind of just feel like it's missing something.

i drove a corrado up until about 6 months ago
it was a 1990 which i drove as
1) a g60
2) a turbo 1.8 8v
3) a turbo 1.8 8v with an aba crossflow head
4) a turbo 2.0 16v on autronic engine management

my favorite car

Most reactions

Back