My camera is wrote off :(

Comfort, likes the strap? Lost the D600 strap? Figures no one would want to steal a Canon 5D? :lmao:
I don't know about comfort. Those Canon and NIkon straps have got to be the most God awful uncomfortable things on the planet. Made specifically to cut into your neck at the edges for maximum pain with your pleasure.

Comfort, likes the strap? Lost the D600 strap? Figures no one would want to steal a Canon 5D? :lmao:
I don't know about comfort. Those Canon and NIkon straps have got to be the most God awful uncomfortable things on the planet. Made specifically to cut into your neck at the edges for maximum pain with your pleasure.

make it hurt so bad, 'cause it feels so good when you stop.

I think the stats on the D600 speak well for wedding work when compared to the D7000
MUCH better high ISO handling with about half as much noise or less
A pretty good jump in rated image quality.
HOWEVER... it also looks like the D7000 is about half the price of the D600 which would enable you to purchase a back up and you REALLY should have a back up when shooting weddings.

Do you have to purchase thru Nikon or where is your credit for?

Yeah the D600 looks very impressive and actually out of my price range until they offered me this money for my D90. I have a 3 Bridge cameras which are 'bridge' camera but they are brilliant and I use them for parts of my wedding photos and as a backup.

The credit is for Currys of PC World

The d600 sensor is going to kill for weddings. Better DOF and way better ISO performance. Almost crystal clear at 6400! I own one and am very glad I upgraded.

Re: the issue of the second body... Yes for weddings that's smart. The 600 has dual slots which helps for part of it. But I'd suggest you could always rent a second body as the gigs come. You can even pad the cost of the rental into the invoice if its appropriate. That way you have a killer body for personal use and only worry about a second body each wedding.

Lem

Its looking more and more like the D600 but I just wanted to make sure the D7000 was not as good for the job

As much as I think you should go with the D600 because you are going to need it down the line I might just opt to order 2 D7000's so you have a back up. That's just not a risk I'd be willing to take.
If you are only going to order one body it'd be the D600 without a doubt. Perhaps you have someone around you that you can borrow for a back up for a short time until you can purchase something for a backup?

This may be a blessing in disguise. don't think you could get that kind of $$ for your D90 on the open market. If I could sell my D90 for that much, I certainly would be in the market for a D600.

Sounds like most of your lenses are FX so that should relieve the biggest concern you listed. D90's are on my local classifieds pretty cheap ($550) if you need a backup, you could probably acquire another D90 relatively cheaply.

D600 got a lot of reports on dust / oil on sensor. Need to check new batch of D600 is free from such defects.

They aren't designed to go around the neck, which is why they are uncomfortable when used that way. They are designed to hang from a shoulder.

Since you have FX lens, go for the D600, both are great cameras otherwise.

They aren't designed to go around the neck, which is why they are uncomfortable when used that way. They are designed to hang from a shoulder.

Hell, they're not even comfortable on a shoulder! Those things are about as useless as teats on a bull.

Thanks everyone... yeah I think it will be the D600 as my wife and I have said I will probably not have the chance otherwise to spend that sort of money. I had saved for a D7000 and I think the £800 for my D90 is extremely generous, they have given me back what I paid for it which is good after 2 years.... I will certainly use the service again for peace of mind

Once I have the D600 I will look for a cheap backup

Thanks, yeah I will but still nervous about spending £1400 on a camera... I wont dare use it. But it is a tool for my business so will have to work hard like my D90 did

I am now looking for a compatible grip like the meike one I had on the D90

Wonder if Amazon have good ones as I have a voucher for them

Most reactions

Back