(My) Children In America (with an added group photo of my family)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:biggrin: upon looking through some very old files (this one being of scanned slides from years ago!) I came across this one and thought I'd want to share, cardinal errors such as cut off feet aside:

mgmmickey.jpg

Little Florian and very little Sabine and a big Mickey in the MGM park in Florida, March 1995 (!). Those who have seen more recent pics of my kids will see how much they have changed in the course of time :D.

Yes, well, the camera was no good, my scanner is no good ... this is only a family snapshot that holds memories for ME, and it ought to have gone to the "Snapshots and Bloopers", I know ............. But I like how Sabine of not quite 2-years old doesn't know what to think of the situation and how Florian of not quite 6-years old tries to determine whether this IS the real Mickey Mouse or whether it is just a costume, maybe???

What a sweet shot! Love their expressions (and you don't get much more "American" than Mickey Mouse!) And yes, such a difference from the recent pic of your family (with Florian and Sabine) at Christmas. Thanks for sharing it.

I just finished organizing my dad's photos from about 86 to the present. And it is amazing to see how much my siblings and I have grown (we're 17-23 years old now).

Our pics from 95 seem like they're from an entirely different world.

Congrats on your find, it really makes you appreciate the time you have with friends and family.

This is the photo that Antarctican is referring to, she has seen it elsewhere, I have never posted it here before:

216912414.jpg

You see my (extended) family (my side) at Christmas, or much rather on 26 December, and yes, my uncle is blurred out for a reason. He is very, very sick and his sight is not for all to see.

You can see in the top row from left to right:
My sister-in-law, my second nephew Julian, my brother Jens, my daughter Sabine (that very Sabine who is with Mickey in the above photo), my husband Andreas (where on earth was he looking??? :irked: ), my first nephew Tom, my son Florian (that very Florian who isn't quite so sure that Mickey is the real Mickey) and my cousin, who owns the snakes.

Bottom row from left to right:

yours truly :biggrin: (on the edge, since I had to rush to the group after setting the timer), my sister Christiane, my youngest nephew Ben (brothers and s-i-l's fourth child), my father, my only niece Emily (third in row of my brother's and s-i-l's kids), my aunt and my uncle (father's brother).

We have taken a family photo every year at Christmas for the past 28 years ... so much has changed in the course of time. We all grew older, family members came, others went ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back