My client wants me to choose her canvas...Help me pick!

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My bride would like me to surprise her with the image on her 16x24 canvas I am ordering for her. I have narrowed it down to 2 from the ones I think she likes the best. Help me decide between the two please. Thank you.
$stevenson653.jpg$stevenson657.jpg

#2 for sure.
It's the joined hands that did it for me. Partners, love each other, can't let go - all that stuff.
May I ask why not crop this to 4 x 5 and save custom framing and get rid of all that space on top?

Attachments

• $stevenson65745.jpg
    $stevenson65745.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
What else you got? I would choose number 2 if this was the only 2 to choose.

#2 for sure.
It's the joined hands that did it for me. Partners, love each other, can't let go - all that stuff.
May I ask why not crop this to 4 x 5 and save custom framing and get rid of all that space on top?

I left the extra space for the 2 inches I need to wrap around for a canvas. So I will get a look pretty similar to your crop with the finished product. Thank you for your input.

I like the second shot. The top space is not a problem. It's going to look more like "a painting", a formal dual portrait, and some extra space above the heads is almost expected in that style. The 4x5 aspect ratio makes it look close-in, almost claustrophobic, which is FINE, for web viewing or a print handed around. For a formal, wall-displayed,large, two-person wedding portrait, the more formal, more old-fashioned style, with ample space above the heads, would look better as the years go by, imho.

#2 hands down, but I have to ask the same question as Joe - anything else? Something from the front perhaps?

#2 hands down, but I have to ask the same question as Joe - anything else? Something from the front perhaps?

Let me see what I can gather up. I have some tight shots too during their "first look" which I really love that I thought about too.

The top one of these two (#642) would be okay if it were a full body shot. Try and stay on the groom's side when doing these because let's face it: One guys look stupid when they pucker, and two, it's a wedding, it's all about the bride. The groom is really incedental to the whole affair.

The top one of these two (#642) would be okay if it were a full body shot. Try and stay on the groom's side when doing these because let's face it: One guys look stupid when they pucker, and two, it's a wedding, it's all about the bride. The groom is really incedental to the whole affair.

Yeah, I see your point on that one.

Most reactions

Back