My collection

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All of my cameras, except the 20D I shot the photo with.

camcol.jpg

omg, you can open up an antique shop with that!

MY God, Matt! How long have you been working on that collection?

MY God, Matt! How long have you been working on that collection?

About 13 years. I had no intention of collecting cameras, but vintage cameras were a cheap way to get into 4x5 and medium format. I bought a few, and at some point someone decided I was collecting cameras, and people started giving them to me. I only buy cameras I'm interested in using, but if someone is giving one away I'll rescue it from the attic/closet/basement/trash, and give it a good home. Plenty of these don't work, or have issues.

That is a very nice camera collection. What are your favorites?

That's hard to say. Any of them that I can actually use could be my favorite of the day. The film cameras I use the most these days are a Widelux F6, an Ansco Titan 6x6 folder, a Super Speed Graphic, and a Rolleiflex 3.5E Planar, but there are a dozen or so more that get used occasionally, and would be hard to leave off a list of favorite cameras.

In this photo there are three digital cameras, one toy camera (toy meaning an actual toy, it never took photos), and zero plate cameras. The rest are film cameras (I don't know how many, 140ish?).

I can spot my first camera in that group--a Kodak Instamatic 124. I wonder what ever happened to that thing:meh:

again, all i can say is ... wow!

and i will never again call myself a collector :p

I've always considered myself more of junk-man than a collector. :) If there were more than the single Leica in my collection, then I'd be a collector!

I've always considered myself more of junk-man than a collector. :) If there were more than the single Leica in my collection, then I'd be a collector!

I agree I like to go to estate sales and I sometimes stumble across deals my collection is not quite that big but I still have my wife complaining about what I plan on doing with all these cameras.

Most reactions

Back