My College Portfolio - Important! :)

OoOMidgetManOoO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know this is my first post here...but it will also wind up being the most important.

I just finished putting together my portfolio that i'll be sending away to all the colleges i'm applying to (new york university, cornell, brown, ...) and so i need it to perfectly represent me/my style.

If you guys wouldn't mind going to http://ooomidgetmanooo.livejournal.com/29159.html#cutid1

that link, all of the images are there. I really need critiques/suggestions.

Thanks for your time!

I hope to continue my time here as a regular poster...but for now this is what I really need, it's really important to me :D

Man, that's great work! Really. I think you've put together a strong group of pics. The only comment/critique I can come up with, is that nr. 14 ('Cold Cathy') looks a bit 'common' compared to your other work. But other than that....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

pascal

I think that all of your shots are very well done.

I disagree with some posters with #2 being bad. IMO it's as strong as the other ones.

I like the images overall.

You didn't demonstrate solid understanding of portrait lighting.

All of your color work is high contrast, green tinted/alternatively developed, in low key. If I were a professor I would like to see what photography you can do in color, but without manipulation. To make the colors represented realistically, yet still making a great photograph.

That MIGHT be your weakest point.

I'd also throw in 1-2 high key images.

Good luck

Most reactions

Back