My D7000 is back from service

Had great experience with Nikon in Mississauga as well.

You can calibrate the lens to the body and the body will save the information. It's in the menu.

Trust me I tride that before I sent the camera to Nikon, it didnt make any difference all the pictures were soft and just not right.
I went through all these advises when I posted few times in this forum and got great posts from many people here, sadly non helped and then Nikon Service came to the rescue :hail:

Trust me I tride that before I sent the camera to Nikon, it didnt make any difference all the pictures were soft and just not right.
I went through all these advises when I posted few times in this forum and got great posts from many people here, sadly non helped and then Nikon Service came to the rescue :hail:

You may not have hit the sweet spot. The d7000 is notorious for having back focus issues. Mine had them as well. In fact, you can't really get it perfect using objects to test the AF Fine Tune calibration on. I ended up having to download and print a focus/DoF calibration chart and tune it that way. You have to remember, it could be back focusing by as little as 1/8" on your subject.

After I printed the chart and calibrated that way. My focus is extremely sharp. Even if Nikon "aligned" your camera, I would still advise looking into this.

Most reactions

Back