My D70s is rejecting certain lenses

the main problem here is...

It is a nikon...

Read through all the posts here for within the past 4 months, al lthe problems (or 90%) are all nikon cameras

I'll continue this thread for right now instead of starting a new one.

The only problem i am now having, is that when i switch to VR mode on my 18-55, the view through the viewfinder shakes and i can hear wobbling inside the lens. Turn VR off and no problems, therefore it doesn't bug me too much, but i'd rather having my lens working 100%.

Doesn't sound normal that, ill try a 18-55 on d70s when i get to work in a bit. And let you know how it behaves.

Wait you mean it's making shakes when there is none? VR will naturally shake a little if you do things like put the camera on the tripod. Are you saying that if you have your camera up to your eye handheld and half depress the button the viewfinder gets worse and not better?

For god's sake take the camera back under warranty before you break it trying to fix it.
Yes when i hold it to my eye and press button half way to get a focus it will shake or wobble.
No warrranty, I got it used

It is a nikon...

Read through all the posts here for within the past 4 months, al lthe problems (or 90%) are all nikon cameras
The main problem here is i got it used and same with the lens

I'll continue this thread for right now instead of starting a new one.

The only problem i am now having, is that when i switch to VR mode on my 18-55, the view through the viewfinder shakes and i can hear wobbling inside the lens. Turn VR off and no problems, therefore it doesn't bug me too much, but i'd rather having my lens working 100%.

Doesn't sound normal that, ill try a 18-55 on d70s when i get to work in a bit. And let you know how it behaves.
Thanks

Ok that's not normal at all. Can you test it with another VR lens?

It is a nikon...

Funny I think I posted the same thing when the 1DMkIII came out except pointing out that Canon has released one bodgy breaking down product after another, and then made a wholehearted laugh at the lack of autofocus on a $7000 camera :p

The REAL problem here is people see what they want to and don't help the discussion at all.

Tried it, behaved the same as it has on every other camera. Certainly not getting the problems you are.

Ok, thanks for testing.

This weekend at the race i can swap lenses with a buddy, im pretty sure his is a VR but im not sure. I'm guessing it's the lens and that is why the guy sold it to me. He said he never used it anymore, it seems in perfect condition otherwise.
well atleast its just VR mode, i don't care about losing vr that much, but it would be nice to have.

Most reactions

Back