My D90 arrives today, and I'm open for business tomorrow!!!

TheRoadDoctor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
No, not really. The camera should arrive today, but the rest, not so much. :sexywink:

I am quite excited to begin a journey into a new hobby. I have always thought photography was interesting, and my grandfather used to be into it quite a bit (35mm and own darkroom). Since he has passed, the family has lost our official photographer. That is my first goal, to be the go to guy for family get-togethers and what-not.

I have already been making a mental list of learning topics (READ THE MANUAL), as well as bookmarking links that you all have been providing to others. Also, I am hoping to take a class at the local art institute by fall. If anyone has anything else to add, feel free.

Thread title got me.The D90 is a good camera and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The manual is the best place to start, with your camera sitting next to you.There are a few topics in my sig using the D90, the might also help. Don't forget YouTube, which is incredible for help.

Welcome! I was kind of hoping your title was serious. My day is lacking drama.

I opened this thread just to find out if you were:
--About to get slammed around the TPF forum like a ball on a handball court, or
--A beginning photographer with a good sense of humor.

Congratulations on being the latter.
And welcome to TPF!

:popcorn:

DAMN! I thought this might be my first time ever to use the popcorn thingy!!!

I am very happy with my D90. Enjoy your camera and have fun :D

Welcome, I am new myself but you will learn a lot on this site, just take all the ball bouncing with a grain of salt, Most have good intentions, the do want to help.

Good luck to you and may God help us ;)

Oh, yes love the D90, nice camera, I have the D200 and D80

Dominantly - All bookmarked. Thanks!

bazooka, sm4him, PhotoTish, Sorry to disappoint in another noob slaughter. I've read enough to hopefully avoid some of the major faux pas.

PapaMatt - Not that I intend on submitting anything for review soon, I will remember to come w/ thick skin when that time arrives.

Camera arrived yesterday. While I was on-duty. :er: Had to help instruct a CE class today, all day. Finally got home, and unboxed 'er. I have taken one shot, and the manual looks HUGE. :D

Most reactions

Back