my darling cat

ashley_christy77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
a104ad9a.jpg

35125535.jpg

feedback and comments would be greatly appretiated! thank you so much

Nice contrast - but seem a bit dark - might be this computer or your scan, hard to see the cat'a face in shot #2, but I don't think that really distracts from the picture - I think it may have been better in colour; shot #1 needs more look space for a profile. Can you tell us about the type of film or is it digital?

The first picture in the best to me. The attitude of the cat really shines and that is important to capture. The picture does appear a little dark and what appears to be shadow behind the cat's head is a little distracting.

Overall nice shot. 8)

i am just wondering- if you have black cats and ok lighting- do you use a red filter or do you think a light color filter would bring out the dark better? nice pics- i have a black lab so i am just wondering

thanks for the feedback guys.
They were taken on my digital camera, in color and then I changed them to black and white. The moniter I did that on was very bright so I made the pics darker than I had intended to.

I don't think i would use any filters on these cats, maybe a blue filter if you were shooting color indoors, but cats aren't generally still enough for the f/stop loss. I kinda like the first pic, the second doesn't do much for me though.

The first pic i think could be stronger if cropped. A little tighter like this would be cool. I think this is really where your best picture is, IMHO.
338%3B%3A8%3A323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D937%3D858%3DXROQDF%3E232346%3A%3C4%3B68%3Bot1lsi

Some might even like a really tight crop, the paw is cute, but it may detract from the impact of the photo. i can't decide between the two myself, but either would be stronger i think.

338%3B%3A8%3A323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D937%3D858%3DXROQDF%3E232346%3A%3C54%3B92ot1lsi

Anyways, never be afraid to cut up your pics to really draw attention to your subject, sometime you may find you cut out alot of what you like in a picture to end up with the strongest final result.

thanks for the advice
and to the "you stole my girlfriend's cat" person: haha close. they do look rather similar but obviously it is unlogical that I would have 'stolen' your girlfriend's cat. Same breed though. We have good taste in cats.

Hey Havoc, nice job on the first crop. Talk about a cat with an attitude!! 8)

I agree cropping can help tremendously in some pictures.

i really like that cat picture- it has good contrast- by the way

i am working with a camera shop for little extra cash. i am selling a nikon D1x with buffer upgrade, software, strap, lens cap and everything for only 2500 if anyone is interested. Also i sell Tmax 400 speed film 36 exposure for only 3 dollars and 100 speed 36 exposure for 4. I also sell developing tank for 20 dollars and rc glossy paper for 20. So if anyone is interested email me at [email protected]

goldjake,

please leave the buying and selling of goods in the appropriate forums.

thanks

md

Most reactions

Back