My daughter - Easter Dress

exemplaria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Our friends have a house with a lovely west facing bay window, which gave me some great light around 5 pm on a cloudy afternoon.

Nikon D7000 at 1/160, f2.5, 35mm f/1.8 lens. I know you'll all wish the right side wasn't clipped but these silly kids just won't stand still.

Avy Dress by exemplaria, on Flickr

Unfortunately, you only capture about 3/4 of your daughter. This does indeed look like great light, and your daughter is a cute little girl, but the gold chesterfield in the background and the fact that her entire left side has been cropped really hurt what could have been a wonderful image.

Nikon D7000 at 1/160, f2.5, 35mm f/1.8 lens. I know you'll all wish the right side wasn't clipped but these silly kids just won't stand still. /QUOTE]

Move further away and use a flash bounced off the wall or ceiling.

Very cute. How old is she? My daughters are two (today) and one of them has the exact same hair.

Love the tones....re-crop to eliminate as much of the sofa as possible.....crop to her waist just below the peach band.

EXCELLENT advice...I held my hand up to the screen in a Cropping L sort of fashion...looks good cropped as Mully suggests!!!

So I've got two of you telling me to crop closer and one saying move back - which is it people? :lol:

Not sure why you mean by just below the waist - crop part of the arm that is showing? This is already (slightly) cropped from a larger shot, with the thought being that her left eye is at exactly the "rule of thirds" intersection point. Thanks all.

So I've got two of you telling me to crop closer and one saying move back - which is it people? :lol:

Not sure why you mean by just below the waist - crop part of the arm that is showing? This is already (slightly) cropped from a larger shot, with the thought being that her left eye is at exactly the "rule of thirds" intersection point. Thanks all.

Why not crop part of the arm that's left? The entire opposite arm, and shoulder, are missing.

Adorable! I agree you should re-crop it! Also just some two cents for cropping her is a good guild-line (as photography is not set in stone) here is some appealing and not so crops
$guidelines.jpg

P.S. Maybe crop more of that extra space above her head?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back