My Daughter...

Mike W.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey... I just took these pics of my daughter this afternoon. I wanted to try out a new location before bringing anyone out. Nothing has been touched up or adjusted yet, so be gentle.

(This is my first post w/pics - so let me now if I goofed anything up etiquete wise.)

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Hey,

Welcome to the forums. Here are my opinions:

Picture #1: I think it is a bit overexposed. Also, there seems to be too much happening in the background. Maybe re-shoot somewhere with fewer objects in the background.

Picture #2: That picture scared me. It looks like your daughter's head did a 180. Her head is just in an un-natural position for me.

Picture #3: That one looks fine to me. I like the light hitting her side.

Picture #4: Again, this one is fine except for one small object in the background (it’s gray, looks kind of like a well). It takes my eye away from the subject of the photo (your daughter) and makes me want to figure out what’s in the background.

Hi Mike, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
You have not goofed up etiquettewise ... but since these are portraits of your daughter (who is beautiful!), I find these best hosted by the Portrait and Wedding Photography Forum, so I shall move them over there, ok? Many members who specialize on Portrait photography go there and you might get a wider feedback on these.

I really like the third picture the best - the rest seem to posed (not that that is a bad thing) but I'm really a fan of the candid/natural shots! You have a beautiful daughter by the way!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back