My Daughter

pickypics

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.vistaebooks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please let me know what you think of these....

halee-2.png

halee3.png

Thanks and I appreciate any comments and advice....

Sorry. Neither of the two works for me.
The effect applied to the first does not meet my taste, sorry (but taste is taste and I find it a bit cheesy), and the direct light makes her face look all flat. Her smile looks unnatural and a bit forced. She is very pretty and her eyes are very blue (though I don't quite believe in THIS blue...) and I am sure it can show better.

I don't know what you went for with your second photo but I am not so fond of the blown out front, her one eye half hidden behind her hair and that stray hair across her face.

Sorry.
It's probably all just about taste...

The first one would look cute in a scrapbook i think. cool. And the second one. I see where you were going that's a good capture of a teenagers moodiness. heehee. But is that the original or did you do stuff to it? The blown out part kinda messes it up a little.

These photos are not originals. My daughter took them of herself and I fixed them up...

Here are the originals....

orig1.jpg

orig2.jpg

Sorry for not pointing this out in the first place. Just wanted to know what everyone thought first....

Thanks
Terri

Well, I do appreciate the pp work you did on these and you really took away the blemishes of youth in her face in the first photo, but they both show (in their original versions as well as the pp-ed ones) that on-camera flash is about the worst kind of light you can use of all. It is too hot in near parts and throws too many shadows and its direction flattens everything. Try to lure your daughter into some very slow camera-on-tripod sessions with given light (or window light, which you might even handhold if it is light enough). Anything but the on-camera flash.

Thanks for the comments. She is very interested in photography but she has a habit of just snapping and not worrying about lighting and such. I told her there is more to photography then just snapping a picture lol

Terri

Erm.... :scratch: .... now I am lost: who took these photos?
Didn't you take them and isn't your daughter the subject?

Ah. Now I am reading your comment that went with the un-pp-ed photos. I see. She took them on her outstretched arm?

i kind of like the first one, , the frame is cool, the circles could be a little rounder though. the second one, i guess i'm not a huge fan of.... it seems a little myspace-ish to me... emo maybe? if thats how she is, then i guess it fits her, but from the first picture i wouldnt think so? I dont know, but just so you know, i'm not trying to be mean or anything, i'm just having a hard time organizing my thoughts

Most reactions

New Topics

Back