My daughter's assignment...

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is something I would like to tell you about.
For their German lesson in school, all my daughter's class have to do photo reports on different themes. I think they could think up their themes, and then were to work in groups of two. My daughter and her friend thought they might either cover in photos how too big children make use of the playground in the area where this friend lives, or - and I felt that would be their much more favourite topic - pretend they were coming home from doing some sports and would then prepare themselves to go to a party later at night.

I'm not sure they ever ventured out to that playground at all. If they did, they will not have given that topic any time, they never preferred it to the other, anyway. (Well, my daughter says it was abandoned, anyway, so they must have gone over to at least cast a look ;)). And then they went to the big box of old dresses and clothes from my daughter's friend's mother and dug out all the make-up they could find, and set out dressing themselves up in all sorts of fancy dresses. They took their photos in sport's outfits in the bathroom, upon stepping into the shower (!), only wrapped into a soft white towel (actually they went about that bit of their report quite nicely, but I doubt they'll ever include those two pics in their series), then in front of the mirror making up their faces and last posing in the clothes they put on --- they must have had a BLAST!

The photos, ok, they show the typical beginners' flaws: cropped off feet while there's an awful lot of headroom, cluttered backgrounds --- but what I like about that whole assignment is how my daughter and I later sat down to talk about the photos and I had the chance to tell her something about composition, backgrounds, a little bit of postprocessing work ... and she so wished I apply selective colouring to one of the pics that she must have SEEN selectively coloured upon taking it, so she wanted her idea put into effect - and was surprised at the amount of work involved ... she must have thought it is something you "just do at a snip of your fingers". She was quite impressed.

Personally I am quite impressed with the impact their make-up is having on the photos of these very young teenagers. I would love to put some up here for you to see but am not sure I may ... those taken by my daughter show her friend and I have no release from that girl, and those that show my daughter were taken by someone else who has not given me permission to show her pics in her name. So there.

Whether their assignment is fulfilling their teacher's expectations is yet to be seen (I am having my doubts, but it will also depend on what text they will write along with their photos), but I really like the photos! :D

Oh well. Just felt like telling you about this.................. now off to dusting my house.

Sounds great. I get a real buzz from working with new models and people who haven't yet discovered the joys of producing a great photograph! I'm sure they are really proud of your abilities!

Rob

They used that friend's new family camera, which is the same as my Powershot, which you know from when you saw it in Saffron Walden, right? And now the two have asked to also be allowed to cover all of their class trip next week (for a week) in photos, and guess what? My girl now wants my Powershot. :roll: And I might even give it to her :er: ... but the new 350D??? No! :shock:

:D

I hope I may show you some of their "report" one day soon...

... and you are not even very much older than my daughter... Wow.
But you have already proven that you know how to handle a camera well, which may make a bit of a difference.
Well, as of 7 April, even my daughter COULD officially (and without my written consent) become a member of TPF ... who knows, by then she might be into a new hobby ;). Though I must say: modelling seemed to come easy to her, too, by what I have seen in their assignment pics. But when I want her to model for me, she plays hard to get and overly shy and "leave-me-be". Hmph :er: :meh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back