My Daughter's New Escalade for C&C

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0002_1193.jpg

Overly dark, busy background. Something is in the foreground, needs a tighter crop/

Nice suv though

Thanks. The effect was totally unintentional!! I loved it once I downloaded it from the camera...

Big baller! The picture has too much going on!

Yeah, it's in my barn-I just finished adding the lights. What do you think?

EscaladeLights015Large.jpg

Here are the switches-I added a power switch for the car itself, because once the battery is plugged in, the pedal is live and I didn't like that in case the girls want to play around in it.
Red one is for the vehicle power, and the green one is for the lights:

EscaladeLights013Large.jpg

Here's the wiring under the hood:

EscaladeLights009Large.jpg

Last edited:
That's pretty cool man. I bet your girls love it. How long are the batteries lasting on Power Wheels nowadays?

this should be about art attempts... i don't see any artistic aspects of the last two shots, i think they would be better off on a technical site, no offense. as for the first one, it is way to dark and busy as the others have mentioned...

off topic. why a pink escalade?

this should be about art attempts... i don't see any artistic aspects of the last two shots, i think they would be better off on a technical site, no offense. as for the first one, it is way to dark and busy as the others have mentioned...

You do realize that it's a Pink Power Wheels Escalade!

That's pretty cool man. I bet your girls love it. How long are the batteries lasting on Power Wheels nowadays?

Yeah, they love that they both can fit in it at the same time, and it has a working FM radio. The battery lasts a pretty long while. I've still got the 2.5 MPH lockout screw in place until my daughter gets better coordinated, but we played for about 40 minutes, and it still had plenty of juice. I have a second battery that I'm going to place in parallel with the main in order to double the power and the charge time. I'm also going to put a voltage divider in the circuit so that we don't need to put 4 C batteries in the radio in the dash, but will, instead, run it on 6 volts of the main battery circuit power...

Notice the first warning, which I ignored on the first day and voided the 1-year warranty:

DSC_0008_1199NEF.jpg

Sorry, man.. Sometimes I lose my mind and think of you guys as friends that I just want to show my life to.... Maybe I overdo it.

I just thought the first picture was awesome in that it could actually be mistaken for the real thing in a garage if you just looked quick..... I was surprised at how the picture came out, but I love it.

Very sweet.

Thanks-great to get nice comments.. It's just a thing I have that the car should have lights for visibility, and the hi-vis LED's are awesome and don't drain much battery power at all.. I also considered the main power switch a safety issue and had to do that one. This should be a no-brainer at the factory, as it only cost me about $7 in parts.

.. It's just cool to see people having fun. Your kids are having fun with their new toy, and you're having fun being a GUY and tweaking stuff. Hey.. that's what we're here for right..

.. It's just cool to see people having fun. Your kids are having fun with their new toy, and you're having fun being a GUY and tweaking stuff. Hey.. that's what we're here for right..

You said it..... I love doing stuff like that because even if other kids get the Escalade Power Wheels, it won't be as cool as my girls'....

Awesome! You gonna get some chrome wheels for that thing?

I just thought the first picture was awesome in that it could actually be mistaken for the real thing in a garage if you just looked quick.....

Yes, it was easily mistaken for the real thing at first glace.

My first thought was "I've seen pictures of his kids...they're not old enough for an Escalade..."

I didn't notice until seeing the shots of your wiring. I'm scratching my head - "Why is the interior pink plastic??". Then I saw the front license plate.

Most reactions

Back