My Dog, Caesar is dreading his visit to the vet tomorrow

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Poor poor Caesar has outdone himself and seems to have hurt his left front leg. He has a trip to the vet tomorrow to investigate - you can almost see the dread in his eyes. Too many times jumping up at next doors bears, sorry newfoundlands...

Pentax 645Z and the new to me 645 A* (Manual focus the * stands for a special quality lens) 300 f/4 wide open at f/4 1/100 ISO 1600 handheld

Sad Caesar copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Last edited:
Aaaaah poor baby. My big boy (Akita) just blew his ACL and has an appointment with the surgeon next week. Poor guy does not know what he is for, so I feel yours & his pain. Best of luck at the vet. Nice photo by the way.

Aaaaah poor baby. My big boy (Akita) just blew his ACL and has an appointment with the surgeon next week. Poor guy does not know what he is for, so I feel yours & his pain. Best of luck at the vet. Nice photo by the way.

He is a 7 year 4month old White German Shepherd, and this is his first non routine vet visit. He doesn't like the examination rooms at all. It's the only time he needs to be muzzled.

Aw poor thing hope it all goes well. Speaking for myself I hate going to the doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't give my wife ideas or she'd muzzle me to keep from complaining or possibly biting the doctor. I can still mark my territory though. [emoji106]

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Poor baby. Hope it goes well for him.

Caesar's left shoulder is inflamed so he has been put on anti-inflammatory tablets. He's not allowed to do as much exercise as he would like for the next month so he is a little down in the dumps...

Samsung S8plus processed in snapseed

Caesar moping by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Caesar moping bw by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Turned out it was probably nothing to do with the dogs next door. He had an X-Ray this morning and it turned out to be a large bone tumour that was spreading fast. We did the only thing we could do and that was to spare him further pain. One of the most difficult choices I have ever had. We watched him take his last breath. That was after he had stayed awake despite being given 3 lots of sedatives - enough for a 500kg horse. He still wanted to show the vet how he felt.

Gonna miss him so much...

caesar is in the garden copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Oh no.. :( I'm so sorry to hear this.

I am very sorry to read about your loss. We had to have the best friend I probably ever had put down a few years ago also. I still miss him. You have some beautiful photos to look at.

Thanks all for your wishes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back