My dog Scarlet. C&C please !

Pierre-Alexandre

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody! I recently started photography and so far I love it. Everyday I seem to take crisper and better looking pictures with more emotion ! I took some pictures of my lovely Boston Terrier. Care for some C&C ?

Thanks!

zx5kza.jpg

230f4k.jpg

25kislx.jpg

Wow, how lovely. I like the third picture. Nice job.

In animal photography look for these:
Focus on eyes.
Be at same level as them.
Eliminate distractions front and back. Sometimes this has to be done in pp.
Your best is #3. Keep working at it. Great looking dog.

i like the pics, mostly the shoots through the grass, nice dog, he a french bull ? or a brindol boston lol

EDIT
nevermind i just read, its been a long day lol

I do appreciate that you did flop onto your belly for these (well, for most of these), as you did put yourself on (or even under!) your little dog's level. But I don't like the foreground grass too much, it is quite distracting, and I always cry when a pet's ear get's cut off by the frame! Ouch! Poor doggie! Next to the distracting foreground elements, the first two also include too many distracting background elements.

The third is nicest, but can do with a slightly closer crop from the left and above.

thanks for the feedback guys. I will work on improving my composition.

how do you guys find the exposure ?

I think you would be better shooting this in a different location, maybe a park. There's too many distracting elements in the background.

in #1 and #2 the foreground is a little distracting...however it kinda works here because ur on his level and gives a sense of the dogs perspective.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back