my dog,

chris82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shutterbugs.myfreeforum.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
like i said in my other threads i am totaly new at this,so ill take any criticism and/or advice

rocky.jpg

That is one cute dog face! :D
Idea for a next shoot: kneel or even lie down. Get onto the same level as where your cute dog is, and try to get photos from his/her height.

animal shots ain't my thang (especially since I'm not particularly fond of dogs--but I'm sure that yours is the exception and I'd love it :lol: )

Seriously now, if you are noob, than this is a good first attempt. You captured a great expression on the pup's face, and from what I've gathered, if that part was intentional on your part, then you don't have much else to learn...just some technical stuff.

LaFoto's idea is right on the money. Also, You cut the poor pooch's feet and tail off. Think about all parts of the dog. If you want a full body shot make sure you get those bits in as well. Crop the dog's body like you would a person...that is, if you want a headshot, then capture only that. Also with headshots I've been told you should have space into which the dog is looking for balance.

Now, having said all of that, I've only really tried animal shots once, and if you want to see what I came up with, which I don't think is very good--cute as hell, but not very well executed--click here. As you can see, I cut the poor girl's pointy little ears off.

So, I guess you should pretty much ignore my advice and wait for others smarter than Jo Cose to offer advice.

Thanks for posting, and keep em coming...that's the best way to get better.

she's actually really cute...a Russian Blue. It's just the wide angle makes her look a little demonic :D

She's a lap cat though, so she's really sweet and purrs all the time no matter what you do to her.

The reflection, in all honesty was a happy accident.

as soon as i saw it i tried on of my own,i placed my acoustic guitar in a corner against a tiled wall and tried to get the reflection of guitar off the adjacent wall and reflection of me making a peace symbol off wall,guitar and adjacent wall but it didnt work out,my batts ran down and the pics i did take were blurred because i was sitting in the,,a...ahem...bath:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back