My Dogs

tdunn06

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Im a beginner got a T2i a few months ago and have been taking plenty of pictures and learning from all the posts in this forum. I've finally got some nads and started posting my pictures online to get some feed back on how to improve. these are of by dogs over the course of the last 4 or 5 months of shooting around and getting used to a dslr and post edits using digital photo pro ( came with t2i). most of these are shot with 50 1.8 but a few are also kit 18-55.please be as harsh or as nice as ya like, im trieng to learn as much as i can. Thanks

Attachments

• $50mm try19.jpg
    $50mm try19.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
  • $50mm try31.jpg
    $50mm try31.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 72
  • $50mm try35.jpg
    $50mm try35.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
  • $IMG_2589.jpg
    $IMG_2589.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 77
  • $IMG_2593.jpg
    $IMG_2593.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
  • $IMG_2611.jpg
    $IMG_2611.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
  • $50mm try4.jpg
    $50mm try4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
Nice dogs. I love good dog photos being the owner of a few myself. ;)

What breed(s) is that first dog? Love his/her coloring. In the photos of him/her I love the dof you’ve chosen and the background colors seem to highlight his coloring. Would love to see more of this dog possibly his/her whole body.

These are nice but all do have a snapshotish kind of feeling to them. Do you do any planning before you shoot? Or just point and shoot hoping to get some good photos?

BlackDog's said:
Nice dogs. I love good dog photos being the owner of a few myself. ;)

What breed(s) is that first dog? Love his/her coloring. In the photos of him/her I love the dof you’ve chosen and the background colors seem to highlight his coloring. Would love to see more of this dog possibly his/her whole body.

These are nice but all do have a snapshotish kind of feeling to them. Do you do any planning before you shoot? Or just point and shoot hoping to get some good photos?

He's a bruiser is German Shepard mix.. No clue what else he is but he's close to . Jake is the husky... It seems like it would be hard to plan for shooting dogs so I do kind of play with them and try to get them to do certain things but mostly I just shoot a crap load and hope for the best.. In my other pictures, scenery landscapes, portraits and such I do have some planning involved but even then since I'm new it's a lot of moving around and snapping away.. I don't necessarily have an eye for it yet.. I posted a bunch in another post but I was told the pictures were to random to give good advice so I tried to narrow in on my dogs for this one... I had just got my 50 for this and wanted BOKEH so I had it wide open which since I've learned isn't the best technique and that may have added to the hasty look they have... Work in progress thanks for your time checking them out though

He's a bruiser is German Shepard mix.. No clue what else he is but he's close to .

See, I knew I liked him for a reason. German Shepherds are my favorites!

Yes, it's all a learned thing + a bit of a natural eye. For GSDs you want to show off their regal nobility. Try a few shots from an angle just below his eyes instead of just above. It might work out nicely for your husky too. Get down on the ground with the dogs. It looks like you are standing up or above the dogs in most of these.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back