Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, now that the contest is over, I can post this for critique!!! :)

Just wondering what you guys thought of this, and what I may have done to make it better. This is partially desaturated...I have it in full color and black and white if you'd like to see it. :)

400e8d4a.jpg

How did you get this shot? That is one awesome photo!

They are actually my cousins...we went on a photoshoot disguised as a nature walk, and it turned out great! They were very cooperative...a lot of it I basically let them do what they wanted. The girls kept giving me the serious face, so I tried to get the boys to do it here, and this was the best I could get them to do! :) But I liked how it turned out.

I think it needs a slight clockwise rotation (to get the fence uprights - well.. upright). And I hate to say it Core - but it looks kinda set up (if you know what I mean).

Since they are relatives (and exploitation begins at home), muss their hair up a fair bit and wipe dirt on one or two of their faces.

And for real emotion, pull the girls hair (hard) and kick the boys really hard in the bottoms.

What??? She said she wanted emotion....

2Stupid2Duck said:
I think it needs a slight clockwise rotation (to get the fence uprights - well.. upright). And I hate to say it Core - but it looks kinda set up (if you know what I mean).

Since they are relatives (and exploitation begins at home), muss their hair up a fair bit and wipe dirt on one or two of their faces.

And for real emotion, pull the girls hair (hard) and kick the boys really hard in the bottoms.

What??? She said she wanted emotion....

Oh, and that wouldn't be set up? :wink:

An in-depth critique starts with why you took the picture and what you were trying to say. But set up or straight - does it matter? I think all pictures are set-up by the fact of our presence in there with a camera.
What is important is does it do what you want it to?
Everything else is being nit-picky. No two people take the same photo and what we see in a picture is only what we project onto it.
And 2Stpid2Duck has the makings of a really good pro photographer ;-)

Love it. Love the partial desaturation, love the slight tilt, love the expressions on their faces, don't care that it was set-up (never understood the elitism surrounding setting photos up...it just makes it a different type of photo but no less valid). Love the ambiguity around whether these are poor kids or middle class kids that are in kick-around clothes...

Wow, you did this one? I was actually thinking about voting for this one, but the little girl that won finally did it for me.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I like it just as it is. The only reason I didn't vote for this one over the other one was all down to the expression on the girls face in the other one.

Basically it was an emotional thing in the end. That one just held my gaze for a milisecond longer!! They should definitely have 1st, 2nd and 3rd placings in this contest.

Hey, thanks everyone! I too did notice that they lost thier feet...that's one thing I wish I could fix. I actually at least slightly desaturated most of the pics on this roll. For some strange reason, they all seemed way too saturated for me. Oh, and 2S2D....as for the wiping dirt on their faces and stuff...it's hard to tell, but the two boys are pretty dirty. They'd been playing in the creek shortly before! :) And the girls...well, they're Tweenagers, so they just CAN'T get dirty! :)

its really good it gives me the feeling of aushwitz though... haha, thats not good. I think its because we just watched "schlendlers list" in class. kudos to you though.

I've always liked this one well enough to give it my vote when it was still running the contest!!!

I'm just now seeing this thread. I totally remembered this shot from the contest, and I really liked this one, Corry. It didn't appear particularly set up to me (I've sure seen worse) but even if so, they are great at striking the casual pose. :wink: Great attitude here. Lots of visual interest. I'm tickled to know this one is yours, girl! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back