My Epson 4000 printer

rooky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thought I'd post a quick question. I have an epson 4000 and I do like the printer, but I have the hardest time getting it to print whats in photoshop. It always seems to print decent but the colors never seem to "pop". they always come across to me as a little flat. granted, I do use a luster paper but thats not it. I just have a hard time getting much vividness. I dont think it is beyond the scope of this printer. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to achieve a more accurate color print in relation to what I'm viewing? Any help I'd appreciate. Thanks.

have you calibrated your PC moniter and your printer? If not then there is a good chance that what you are calibrating to look good on screen is not what the printer is printing - good calibration kit costs - its a pain - but get a good kit and use it to set up your moniter and you will be able to see what you print on screen.
I don't have such kit myself - so I mostly don't print - but its in the "to get" list (its a very long list at the moment)

Well, while I'm sure thats sound advice, I think its another issue or problem. The reason is because the colors seem to be adjusted by the printer because they seem too consistent, but in a very standard way. It is hard to explain really. I understand that the printer driver has a standard output or something, it does have an auto setting, but when i turn it off, my colors turn out too dark. So, I'm not really sure how to tackle this. I guess I need to find someone on here that has that printer as well. They might have had similar problems.

Its very important that they are in the same color space..rgb ,cmyk, lab ect

they got to match.

Most reactions

Back