My exposure epiphany!

Hikaribushi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'll forever remember where I was and who I was with when I had my exposure epiphany: with my spouse while in old town Prague on vacation.

My goal was to capture some night photos that include some aspect of motion, so I referenced my notes early afternoon and also read through some of the sections I had marked in the book Understanding Exposure, by Bryan Peterson. I had read through these sections before, and while I technically understood the functions of aperture, shutter speed, and ISO the correlation or dance between them had yet to take shape in my mind.

As I was trying to figure out the shot I had in mind, the exposure trinity seared itself into my brain. I understood what I had to do in order to capture the ghost like lights of a moving tram while maintaining a correct exposure for the lit buildings in the background, and just like that I had my "aha!" moment.

I woke up this morning still excited about it, so I thought I'd share here in the beginners forum.

We return home tomorrow and I'm looking forward to taking a closer look at all the photos I've taken. Until the, cheers from Prague!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back