my f717 came in!

sobi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so my digi cam FINALLY came in after waiting over 5 weeks for it. I took it with me on deliveries and shot off a few pics on the side of the bridge going across tampa bay to see what this puppy does. Heres the results from about the lowest quality.

hwy-wet-rail.jpg

hwy-1.jpg

phantom-sobi.jpg

looks nice. They dont appear to be over exposured or anything to me.

Is that the bridge heading over to Clearwater?

I agree with Geronimo, these do not appear to be overexposed or anything. Quite wonderfully done, especially for the first trip out. The color detail is wonderful.

I noticted you experienced one of the challenges with this type of shooting in the second picture. To get a good streak of motion you got a ball of white on the left edge. Very tricky to not get those.

I would really like to see some more :!: :!:

unfortunately, that was unavoidable as the area in question is where the highway curved. Basicly, that spot is where cars faced me head on. Probably could have done something with the settings, but as I said, I have no experience yet and am just starting to read about settings for this like aperture, shutter speed, and all the other stuff. they will hopefully keep getting better though! :)

Well, you could throw this one away I suppose, but I don't think you should. We'd have to wait too long to see the next effort. :wink:

Nicely done, looking forward to seeing more.

experimentation. :lol:

That was the first time i used a camera that doesnt go in the trash when the film is done. :lol: I know I used a slow shutter speed, but other than that, I dont know what the other settings were on. Begginers luck i guess. :?

depending on the camera, and whether u still have the picture on the camera, you may be able to find out.
on my canon powershot i can display the picture, and click Display and it will say like ISO 200, 1/30, f/5.6 or whatever unless you only have it on your computer, owell.

maybe someone else can answer this question

if i leave the shutter on for 15 seconds, (on a tripod) and put the ISO to like 50, then f(iduno what it means, but it makes it darker the higher number it is...?) F8.0, can i get this picture? [/list]

that sounds about right. I already took them off my camera. I only have a cheesy little 32 meg memory stick. when I get my 512, i will be more lienient with leaving pics on there. Theres just not enough room to leave stuff on there at the moment

well if you have XP you can right click over the picture and then go to summary. Select Advanced and it should display the EXIF data that tells you the various settings used for that one picture. Better yet you might want to download an EXIF reading/editor program. I usually edit my name into some images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back