Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
3387892723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D53%3B%3D9%3A3%3D323253%3B8%3B295%3Cnu0mrj

3387892723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D53%3B%3D9%3A3%3D323253%3B8%3B2966nu0mrj

3387892723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D53%3B%3D9%3A3%3D323253%3B8%3B2968nu0mrj

3387892723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D53%3B%3D9%3A3%3D323253%3B8%3B2964nu0mrj

my mother, sister and I were all out.
my brother was in the shower.
Darcy(dog) was inside only because I rang my bro in the morning to tell him to not let him out as the wind was really strong.
Nobody was hurt.
Nothing was damaged.

It fell in the only and exact spot it could have fallen where no damage could have been done. Anywhere else and it would have taken out, fences, the pool, next door, or our house(with my brother in it).

Our luck was amazing today.
Someone was looking out for us.

OMG!! :shock: .... im glad no one was hurt ... yeh, someone was looking out for u guys :hug:

both
someone in our neighbourhood poisoned it and my mother couldnt afford to have it removed. $3000
its been dead a yr i think.

today there were very strong winds and it just decided to go for a swing!
if it had fallen any other way it would have fallen on our house.
only hours before my sister, cousin and dog were out there..thats the scary part.

my bro said he just heard this unbelievable ripping sound, then a shadow passed across and all of a sudden the room was filled with light.

im actually kinda wishing id been here to see and hear it lol

Why the heck would someone poison your tree? That's just sick.

That was my first thought, too, Orie... I can hardly wrap my mind around that kind of thinking. :|

Never a good idea to leave a dead or diseased tree the size of that one hanging around too long....the rain will soften the earth and a strong wind will do just what it did. We had several years of drought here in Georgia, followed by heavy rains this spring, which caused these massive old trees to come crashing down all over the city. A few people were killed, in fact - very scary!!

Thank goodness you guys were out of harm's way - WOW!!

MANDA!!!!!

Im so glad your family is ok!! That is horrible! Although I bet it would have been neat to hear it and see it!!!

glad to hear you and yours are well!!

md

wow! i'm glad you guys are all okay.

in a way i'm jealous though. my parents have had these two really hideous juniper trees in front of our house since before i was born. when they were smaller they looked quite nice, but after a while they just completely covered the front of the house and they started looking very ragged. one of them has been gradually leaning further and further from the house and every time i mention it my dad says "yeah... the next time we get a good amount of rain that one's gonna go" and it NEVER DOES! i can't wait for it to happen since it means they'll have to get rid of it and rip the other one up as well since they were sort of a matching pair. i hate those things. :p

Well Manda i am really glad to hear your alright....
Plus if you weren't i think Trish would go into a depression that he could never recover. Then he would do all these things on the forum in memory of you, which at first will be really sweet, but 15 yrs later when he is still doing it we will have to have an intervention and take away his keyboard. This will make him so distraught that he might decide to end it all, and we would have to live with that.
Yeah so anyways, glad your all OK, how do you poision a tree that big, that would take quite a bit of thought i would think.

Glad to hear you and your family are alright. I have a tree that's about to come down in our backyard as well. I guess I should go take another look at bringing it down.

Terri, yes we knew it was very dangerous to have it there and I dont want to go into my mother's finances but there was no way she could afford it. Removing a tree that size costs A LOT of money.

A tree surgeon told us neighbours killed it and he could pretty much pin point which ones. Before it looked like that it was full of beautiful green gum leaves, some of which would drop into a certain neighbour's yard. He used to scream and rant about them. We moved into the house with that tree long established so Im not sure why we got the blame.
WE went on a holiday for 2 weeks and it had been done then.
The tree surgeon said that it would have had unbelievable amounts of Round Up(a weed killer) injected into it. All the grass around the bottom of the tree was dead also. It was very obvious.

Yes, we're all thankful that not a one or thing was hurt, and just now have the yucky job of cleaning it all up lol

Havoc...:lmao:

Most reactions

Back