My favorite drummer...

LeadSister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hometownphotographer.com
I thought I'd share a couple of pictures I took when I met my favorite drummer Artimus Pyle. For those who don't know him, he was the drummer of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Was on the plane when it went down in '77 and ran for help only to get shot by a farmer that thought he was some crazy hippy. :confused:

Quick note... I'm camera handicapped right now :sexywink:. It's not the greatest camera and working to get a Canon 20d. So go easy on the quality. lol

Anyway... the first photo is on stage with a band he's playing with now and he is singing Sweet Home Alabama.

artimus-pyle.jpg

This photo is him setting up and testing out the drumset before the show. He is one heck of a drummer!

artimus-pyle2.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Pamela

i'm from Jacksonville FL (east side), that's where most of the group lived. when they first started out, they would come to our high school and play during pep rallies etc., we never thought they would make it.....what did we know, eh? anyway, i thought Artimus lived in the middle east now, i'm sure he did back in the late 80's. it's too bad there's so much bad blood between them today. i appreciate you sharing this wonderful memory Pamela..it took me waaaaaaay back! ;)

That's cool! Thanks for sharing that. He did move away for a while... mostly to get away from a crazy girlfriend and find himself. He's been through alot of crap and he's NOT afraid to tell you about it! Arti is a very upfront and honest person. Certainly doesnt play games. The Lynyrd Skynyrd today is really a bunch of jerks. They did Arti wrong big time. He calls them the "I'm afraid of my wife band" LOL He also called my husband one day to thank him (and me) for doing the http://www.rockthehall.com efforts to push LS into the Hall of Fame. Real classy guy!

Pamela

Most reactions

Back