My Favorite Old Cars

Zada

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I drive by these all the time... Let me know if there's anything you think may look better. The cars are always there so I'd love to try again :)

Power1.jpg

Wagon2.jpg

Wagon3.jpg

Car1.jpg

Car4.jpg

6. Darn power line
Car5.jpg

Car6.jpg

Any critiques are appreciated... I can handle them :)

I like the composition on number 2 and number 7. The color of number 7 is great and the grill is totally awesome, it looks a bit like a fencer's mask. 5 would be cooler with an even shallower depth of field. I like what you tried to do but the truck just looks blurry, not intentionally blurry.

I like #7 the best, though #1 is quite interesting as well. I agree with Smilemon about #5, at first I didn't notice the subject in the forground, I just thought the picture was out of focus.

I like the composition on number 2 and number 7. The color of number 7 is great and the grill is totally awesome, it looks a bit like a fencer's mask. 5 would be cooler with an even shallower depth of field. I like what you tried to do but the truck just looks blurry, not intentionally blurry.
Thanks for the feedback. I really wish I could have gotten the whole gadget thingy - whatever you call it :blushing: in #2, but there was a barbed fence. I see what you mean about #5... I'll try that again next time :)

I like #7 the best, though #1 is quite interesting as well. I agree with Smilemon about #5, at first I didn't notice the subject in the forground, I just thought the picture was out of focus.

Thank you! #1 could have been done a little better, but for now I like the irony of the "power wagon" and the shattered glass. Wish I could have gotten closer to the actual truck.

Thanks again :)

#7 is the best of these, good comp, colour and exposure...I like #4 but it's a bit tight in the frame and #6 could work in lower light and a wider lens to get more of the power line in or change the angle of view slightly to cut it out as much as possible then clone out the rest. It's going to be very difficult to get a good shot of the Power Wagon with the crane jib on the front....shame to see such vehicle go to rot.

Is this any better? I don't like how it's not centered. I'll try that one again next time.
Fixed.jpg

I wish I could get into the field where the Power wagon is... ! I think it would make for a great shot from behind with the crane in the whole picture. I'll try #4 again too! Thanks for the advice :)

I think that power line could be used in a positive way... or you could just stamp it out in photoshop

Im partial to #4 myself, just the way you posted it. But I'm still learning...

I think that power line could be used in a positive way... or you could just stamp it out in photoshop
Interesting... I'll try that next time, both with it IN the frame more, and out of the frame. Thanks :)

Im partial to #4 myself, just the way you posted it. But I'm still learning...
Thanks! I'm still learning too, it's nice to hear any kind of feed back :)

I like the series (love old car concepts)

I'm wishing #5 had more DOF and the car was even more out of focus. As is...it seems to be just out of focus and, for some reason, doesn't sit well with me. I also agree that #4 could use some more space.

I like the series (love old car concepts)

I'm wishing #5 had more DOF and the car was even more out of focus. As is...it seems to be just out of focus and, for some reason, doesn't sit well with me. I also agree that #4 could use some more space.
Old cars are my favorite... but only the ones that aren't re-done, although I can appreciate those as well.

I'll give #5 and #4 another shot. I liked the clouds on this particular day tho!

number 5 is my favourite, good series

Interesting.. doesn't seem to be a favorite. Thanks for the feedback!

Most reactions

Back