My favorite pic from a wedding I shot this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you weren't that bad. That's why I'm poking fun at the whole thing.

I have to be honest, even being the noob I am , I can take better pics than some of the ones I seen in the Pro section. I don't comment in there because there is really no place for me doing so, as I cannot offer professional advice or critique really. But I was a bit surprised at what I saw. Just goes to show that people are people, they'll never change and regardless of what business is in discussion...there are always people who jumped the gun before...well not so much mastering their trade...but at least learning the basics.

But now I must go to a better place...

/wrists

Ha ha, just kidding...I'm still here. I can' take pictures dead, so I'm not ready. I still have many many more bad pictures to take and post.

Glad you're still with us, Ernicus. Wouldn't want to catch wind of a suicide in Old Town on WGME 13 tonight. ;)

O, hey...Tyler...can you critique my life? I have razor in hand...just in case. he he he

Down the river... Not across. ;) (JK! DON'T DO EEEEEET!)

Come on, I wasn't THAT bad, was I? It's critique I would have given to any other member posting photos of that quality in the pro gallery.

Since you want to talk razors, lets perform an autopsy. And Tyler, it wasn't just you, it was the gang bang of the night from more than just you.

There seems some salf-fulfilling justification is firmly in place that suggests the comments that were made were generally acceptable because She Posted in the Professional Gallery. Some of you probably even thought you were being funny with your sarcasm...i.e. the pole coming through the head one comes quickly to mind.

It would take a blind man not to see what was going on and deaf man not to have heard what was being said by the OP, and for god's sake are you all just too stupid to realize the level of accomplishment that this person held in their photographic efforts versus your levels of accomplishment after many years of work at photogrpahy? Are you so damn full of yourselves that you felt it was your duty to beat this person to a bloody pulp for sport rather than to act like decent human beings and find a way to keep hold your comments to some level of civility and respect since the knowledge gap between your work and April's work was wide and extreme enough that they are worlds apart from yours. That should have been evidence enough for you all to just to realize that this person was brand new and completely green and totally and vulnerable, but it wasn't enough to stop you. She was now your target.

She made a mistake trusting TPF/anyone at TPF, there is no doubt about that, and you had all the justification in the world to act as you did because She Posted in the Professional Gallery.

You might want to google Bullying and educate yourselves on what that topic is all about. You need the schooling cause you sure are not getting it at home.

O, hey...Tyler...can you critique my life? I have razor in hand...just in case. he he he

Down the river... Not across. ;) (JK! DON'T DO EEEEEET!)

Come on, I wasn't THAT bad, was I? It's critique I would have given to any other member posting photos of that quality in the pro gallery.

Since you want to talk razors, lets perform an autopsy. And Tyler, it wasn't just you, it was the gang bang of the night from more than just you.

There seems some salf-fulfilling justification is firmly in place that suggests the comments that were made were generally acceptable because She Posted in the Professional Gallery. Some of you probably even thought you were being funny with your sarcasm...i.e. the pole coming through the head one comes quickly to mind.

It would take a blind man not to see what was going on and deaf man not to have heard what was being said by the OP, and for god's sake are you all just too stupid to realize the level of accomplishment that this person held in their photographic efforts versus your levels of accomplishment after many years of work at photogrpahy? Are you so damn full of yourselves that you felt it was your duty to beat this person to a bloody pulp for sport rather than to act like decent human beings and find a way to keep hold your comments to some level of civility and respect since the knowledge gap between your work and April's work was wide and extreme enough that they are worlds apart from yours. That should have been evidence enough for you all to just to realize that this person was brand new and completely green and totally and vulnerable, but it wasn't enough to stop you. She was now your target.

She made a mistake trusting TPF/anyone at TPF, there is no doubt about that, and you had all the justification in the world to act as you did because She Posted in the Professional Gallery.

You might want to google Bullying and educate yourselves on what that topic is all about. You need the schooling cause you sure are not getting it at home.

If you don't like my critique, feel free to add me to your ignore list. It really doesn't bother me at all, Ol' Gal. Most of the time you have nothing constructive to offer (as you didn't provide any "acceptable critique" in the thread), yet when I DO offer constructive criticism you take offense to it. It's your call. Ignore, or not ignore.

Since she was indeed brand new, and yet thought it was acceptable to post in the professional gallery, she should have been prepared for the responses. Numbers of people that buy an entry level DSLR kit and think they're a pro photographer are growing exponentially by the day. I offered her plenty of tips to improve her photographs. If you are seriously under the impression that coddling a user and telling them "Your shots are great, but you can do better next time!" is the way to improve someone's photographic skill set... I'd like to see you teach a collegiate level fine art class with that mentality. Really.

Anyways, I got you this in hopes we can put this behind us.

13-are-cdns-money-stupid.gif

I don't think it was because she posted in the Professional Thread as you referred to many times in your little tantrum there Georgiegirl, IMO it was that she carried and presenter herself as a professional. That's the difference to me.

I don't post in there. Why? 'cause I'm not a pro and don't really have any business too. I read to learn. Nor, do I carry myself as a pro or sell my wares...or I would get the same sort of banter.

However...all that in mind...people need to realize...this is the internet. Take it with a grain of salt. Who really cares anyway? Enough to affect your real life in such a way. It's silly.

Some of the critiques on here are more slanderous than actual critiques...but again...this is the net...and find me a site that doesn't have that. You won't. I don't disagree with some of what you said, nor am I taking sides, or doing anything more than relating what I am seeing, and I seen you a few times making post such as this...the main problem I have with it...if you're interested, is that you are lumping up the whole for the few. This is a great site...one I'm very happy to be a part of...so it does bug me a bit to see it slandered or bashed in such posts as yours. If you want to publicly chastise what you feel is unfair critiques or just plain assholes leaving their mark at the expense of others...by all means...do it, you have that right. Generally, that is what Facebook is for though...internet rants about things that don't really matter. OR you can even do it here I guess, aimed at those you find worthy of such things...but to call out the site as a whole...as you did...is just wrong.

I poke fun at things, am generally sarcastic, and make light of heated debates simply to do just that, make light of it, get a few chuckling, and maybe things will simmer down and move on...just like buckster and fauxtographers recent internet banter. Because its silly and they both have value to the site as a whole.

So I make fun of this experience too...to get a few chuckles...and folks move on. Its usually best. I ran a forum for 5 years and E-fights were always there, they always will be. People will always get their feelings hurt, people will always not give a crap, and people will always enjoy the rest. It's how it goes. One thing I didn't stand for on my site was people bashing the site as a whole. That sets a tone worse that that of which you are complaining about, I hope you can see that when you get done being mad I what I typed, because frankly...I'm right. As an admin, I'd come down on you more for bashing the site than the members for being people...'cause that's what they are...people. The internet is a big place...no one has to be here. It's tough running a site, even with a staff full of mods. They can't be everywhere always. It's impossible. I'm sure this will be shut down soon as it is pretty much a pointless thread now, as you're taking a joke/silly thread and turning it into a drama thread.

I have not been here long, but I can say this with all certainty. This site does not condone or encourage people being assholes to others for the sake of their own gain. Surely a blind man can see that.

/rant

I don't look at which forum a picture is posted in and so I didn't understand the number of truly unpleasant and rude comments that were then defended.

It may have been posted in the wrong forum.
It may be someone who is just starting and trying to make it as a pro.

Why not just be civil and respond to the image?

In reference the picture.
I think there is too much extraneous stuff and that stuff is too bright.
You need to crop this to make the children larger and more important in the frame and then darker the bright areas to keep them from drawing the eye

img5743llllllll.jpg

I don't think it was because she posted in the Professional Thread as you referred to many times in your little tantrum there Georgiegirl, IMO it was that she carried and presenter herself as a professional. That's the difference to me.

I don't post in there. Why? 'cause I'm not a pro and don't really have any business too. I read to learn. Nor, do I carry myself as a pro or sell my wares...or I would get the same sort of banter.

However...all that in mind...people need to realize...this is the internet. Take it with a grain of salt. Who really cares anyway? Enough to affect your real life in such a way. It's silly.

Some of the critiques on here are more slanderous than actual critiques...but again...this is the net...and find me a site that doesn't have that. You won't. I don't disagree with some of what you said, nor am I taking sides, or doing anything more than relating what I am seeing, and I seen you a few times making post such as this...the main problem I have with it...if you're interested, is that you are lumping up the whole for the few. This is a great site...one I'm very happy to be a part of...so it does bug me a bit to see it slandered or bashed in such posts as yours. If you want to publicly chastise what you feel is unfair critiques or just plain assholes leaving their mark at the expense of others...by all means...do it, you have that right. Generally, that is what Facebook is for though...internet rants about things that don't really matter. OR you can even do it here I guess, aimed at those you find worthy of such things...but to call out the site as a whole...as you did...is just wrong.

I poke fun at things, am generally sarcastic, and make light of heated debates simply to do just that, make light of it, get a few chuckling, and maybe things will simmer down and move on...just like buckster and fauxtographers recent internet banter. Because its silly and they both have value to the site as a whole.

So I make fun of this experience too...to get a few chuckles...and folks move on. Its usually best. I ran a forum for 5 years and E-fights were always there, they always will be. People will always get their feelings hurt, people will always not give a crap, and people will always enjoy the rest. It's how it goes. One thing I didn't stand for on my site was people bashing the site as a whole. That sets a tone worse that that of which you are complaining about, I hope you can see that when you get done being mad I what I typed, because frankly...I'm right. As an admin, I'd come down on you more for bashing the site than the members for being people...'cause that's what they are...people. The internet is a big place...no one has to be here. It's tough running a site, even with a staff full of mods. They can't be everywhere always. It's impossible. I'm sure this will be shut down soon as it is pretty much a pointless thread now, as you're taking a joke/silly thread and turning it into a drama thread.

I have not been here long, but I can say this with all certainty. This site does not condone or encourage people being assholes to others for the sake of their own gain. Surely a blind man can see that.

/rant

If you had any idea, any idea at all at what Bullying is, what the characteristics, the justifications, the excuses and the actions are, the large portion of your comments would indicate that you indeed mght be a Bully yourself.

and if you had any idea of what "diversion" is, you would not have posted that. Nice try. How about this...how about we go and take some pictures? Yay pictures. I'm in.

I just got caught up.
I opened this thread last night, saw the photo, thought it was kind of sad for a favorite from a wedding, but just closed the thread because I had nothing good to say. I opened it today and read through after seeing how many comments it had, kinda like blood in the water.

I get irritated when I open a wedding thread and see it was some new hack that charged for terrible photos from such an important event.
I don't have any real problem with someone who does it because a friend has asked and has no other options, but to market yourself in such a way is negligent in my opinion.

Maybe they learn something from some creative asschewing, and think it out next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back