My favorite pic from a wedding I shot this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was funny 20 years ago too, right around the first time I heard it if I'm not mistaken, good call on the timeline.

It's only offensive if you take it to heart, which is something you really shouldn't do to quotes from strangers on the internet. I figured someone would chime in as to it being offensive, kinda hits on the underlying point of much of this thread in a different manner. I find humor in everything from simple to distasteful. I'm almost never offended and I sleep well at night.

Sorry if you truly were upset by that remark, however I won't censor myself at the fear of hurting E-feelings. Just me being me. Love me or hate me, I'll always be honest and I'll always be me. ;-)

I won't go into my personal life much on here, but I will say this, mental handicaps are an issue in my family, my girlfriends family, even my own child. So it's not that I don't have a heart, it's just that anything can be funny if you take off your blinders and just laugh. Even for the moment. I am almost certain that more people laughed than got offended. Kinda reminds me of my favorite "dead baby" joke...the looks on faces when I tell it is soooo astonishing bewilderment....yet after the shock value dies...they laugh. I won't share it here though. ;-)

and no need for apologies on the derailment of the thread...this baby was derailed a long time ago, lol.

Fair enough.

Seriously.. I can see good points from both sides. To be honest, giving people CC to a brand new member is almost never a good thing. If you have not noticed, most of CC I have given, the OP either PMed me for CC, I am picking another fight, retaliation, I have established a good relation already with the OP, or the photo is just good. Giving detailed CC to a brand new member is almost never good. Unless of course your reply is filled with compliments. When I see posts like this, I just ignore it. Unless of course the OP is cocky as hell. A year ago I would have chewed her ass and be the first 5 people to reply.

and just for the record, politically incorrect jokes are funny to almost everyone. I personally particularly enjoy dead babies jokes.
GOOD DAY.

GeorgieGirl you are sistematically ignoring the posts that make good points against you (like mines) and replying to the image of a boy stirring a pot. Cool strategy. I give up on trying to explain to you how the internet (and a major part of the world) works.
Have some puppies and rainbows.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qpioCCHVJ...AAAkY/g-vrFkdociw/s400/puppies-n-rainbows.jpg

Yerlem, your posts are in my perception, antagonistic, as are several of the others and frankly, try as you might, you are not going to get me to bite into them because you appear to have nothing better to do.

I am off for an extended weekend where I hope to be able to have some success with silky water and sunset captures over the Delaware Bay. Cheers!

If you look at the thread that started this everything posted was in line and helpful until she had her tantrum and said she would not be back.

Again, most of you are not in a workforce where social skills, interpersonal skills, or customer services skills are honed and insisted upon. Most of you have not interacted with people of varying opinions across a variety of LOB's or have had to navigate on a larger social and professional scale that provides for open minded and respectful discussion or one that demands that egos are checked at the door as a requisite. You have not learned how to say something in a PC way so as get your point across and not offend the other person.

Actually, some of us were. Having been in the military, and working both the UN PC side and having worked at embassies in foreign lands and having to have dealt with foreign dignataries I can absolutely get my point across without being Un-PC. But then again, I was a Marine....so opinions matter not to me. If i hurt someone's feelings, I'm not losing sleep over it.

The fault herein lies that most if not the majority of the youth of today are coddled and given positive reinforcement for subpar performances. In a community where criticism almost inherently REQUIRES to have a tough skin, she should have see it coming. Being told your photographs are great and wonderful by family and friends is one thing. Thats what they are there for. FOR Positive reinforcement. The problem is is that theyre given that minbset their whole life. So when they dont hear those words, automatically it gets perceived as "bullying"

You also have to remember that most of us, come from an age where we WEREN't coddled. If i played a sport and i was on the bench, my parents didn't stick around to see if I would play only to waste their time when I didn't. No, they would drop me off and tell me I'll be here to pick you up. We come from a time where if u performed in a subpar manner, you were told you were performing in a subpar manner. There was no A for effort. No oh u turned in your homework good job heres an A. We got what we deserved and were happy with it. If i got rediculued for doing something wrong, I learned not to do it or get better at it. There was no let me slit my wrist or hang myself or whatever. We all inherently grew tough skin.

An old saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If she had only known, would she have posted in the pro forum? Who knows. But those critiques, which were constructive, would have been given to her even if she had posted in the general gallery.

Then again what do I know......I'm just a jarhead who followed orders most of his life....

and just for the record, politically incorrect jokes are funny to almost everyone. I personally particularly enjoy dead babies jokes.
GOOD DAY.

Actually, the comments you are talking about may be politically incorrect but they are also insensitive and hurtful.
What you are ignoring is that members here may have loved ones that suffer from the same physical and or mental conditions that you find so amusing.
You telling others what they should think is funny is like kicking someone and telling them that it shouldn't hurt.
This may be a problem on the Internet where A$$holes abound but it would be nice to have an environment where the members actually are considerate to some degree of others' feelings and actually act like grown up people rather than A$$holes.

Again, most of you are not in a workforce where social skills, interpersonal skills, or customer services skills are honed and insisted upon. Most of you have not interacted with people of varying opinions across a variety of LOB's or have had to navigate on a larger social and professional scale that provides for open minded and respectful discussion or one that demands that egos are checked at the door as a requisite. You have not learned how to say something in a PC way so as get your point across and not offend the other person.

Actually, some of us were. Having been in the military, and working both the UN PC side and having worked at embassies in foreign lands and having to have dealt with foreign dignataries I can absolutely get my point across without being Un-PC. But then again, I was a Marine....so opinions matter not to me. If i hurt someone's feelings, I'm not losing sleep over it.

The fault herein lies that most if not the majority of the youth of today are coddled and given positive reinforcement for subpar performances. In a community where criticism almost inherently REQUIRES to have a tough skin, she should have see it coming. Being told your photographs are great and wonderful by family and friends is one thing. Thats what they are there for. FOR Positive reinforcement. The problem is is that theyre given that minbset their whole life. So when they dont hear those words, automatically it gets perceived as "bullying"

You also have to remember that most of us, come from an age where we WEREN't coddled. If i played a sport and i was on the bench, my parents didn't stick around to see if I would play only to waste their time when I didn't. No, they would drop me off and tell me I'll be here to pick you up. We come from a time where if u performed in a subpar manner, you were told you were performing in a subpar manner. There was no A for effort. No oh u turned in your homework good job heres an A. We got what we deserved and were happy with it. If i got rediculued for doing something wrong, I learned not to do it or get better at it. There was no let me slit my wrist or hang myself or whatever. We all inherently grew tough skin.

An old saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If she had only known, would she have posted in the pro forum? Who knows. But those critiques, which were constructive, would have been given to her even if she had posted in the general gallery.

Then again what do I know......I'm just a jarhead who followed orders most of his life....

I am in love again....no homo.

Very well put sir.

this thread - and particularly the last comments from ernicus and cardonalj - make me wish that the site software would make it simpler to put people on my ignore list.

GOOD DAY.

Actually, the comments you are talking about may be politically incorrect but they are also insensitive and hurtful.
What you are ignoring is that members here may have loved ones that suffer from the same physical and or mental conditions that you find so amusing.
You telling others what they should think is funny is like kicking someone and telling them that it shouldn't hurt.
This may be a problem on the Internet where A$$holes abound but it would be nice to have an environment where the members actually are considerate to some degree of others' feelings and actually act like grown up people rather than A$$holes.

Well, I like you (the online you that you portray), your pics, and your posts. And I won't judge or criticize you from being different than me. So we can agree to disagree as I don't want to argue/debate with you. I just wanted to say "lighten up a bit", and no one told anyone what they should think is funny as you stated. I(we) have stated what we think is funny...not what you should think is funny.

My dad died of a rotten liver from being a drunk, yet I still make funny beer comments, remarks, jokes.
My own kid and sisters kids have mental disabilities, I can hear and say the word retard and/or retarded without hurting my vagina and needing a kotex.
I can be called a jerk without having to talk to a counselor about everyone not liking me.
If I lost my leg, my signature would probly be "Pegleg the leaning photographer...yes...my skyline is tilted"

Bashing each others' way of thinking on the net, much less a photo forum is just silly. You will never find a community, much to the dismay of many and allbeit truths to the lies aforementioned in early posts; that all agrees on everything (when it appears as such, there is generally fake people abound, I'd rather see real and dickish than fake) and are all the same. If you did by chance...how boring would that be?

this thread - and particularly the last comments from ernicus and cardonalj - make me wish that the site software would make it simpler to put people on my ignore list.

So now my comment to another person appreciating and liking what they posted offends you? To the extent of you having to make a post wishing it was easier to ignore? Wow. And posted right before I hit send on what I thought was a nice peacemaker post to you. Guess I have to withdraw my statement. lol

It's a shame we live in a world where people expect you to tip toe around others' E-feelings to the point of not being able to communicate your true thoughts and feelings.

Oh, and by the way...kinda sad you need a tool on a web forum to make your life easier...instead of using your own will. You could just have easily ignored this thread on your own. But no, you needed a button to do it for you. Kinda validates much of what Cardo just posted eh? LOL. This is the only thread where I have actually entered into one of these silly debacles...and mostly because georgiegirl bashed the site as a whole which I didn't care for. Then others, like you, chime in...stir the pot (see previous picture embedded), and make it worse. You sir, are just as guilty as the things you post against. Had you truly wanted to "ignore", you would not have posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back