My favorite quiet street

ScoobyRoo20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Such a crappy dreary day today. So I went to my favorite road to see how the fog looked there. This is what I found. You should really see this place when it's totaly green. I love tree tunnels.
If you're wondering... This is Old Alton Rd. It's in Copper Canyon near Goat man's Bridge (AKA Old Alton Bridge). I will post up pics of that bridge if requested.

47b6dc00b3127cce970a28fb982b00000016108AYuGrFi4buT

47b6dc00b3127cce970a28ef983f00000016108AYuGrFi4buT

The area in which I live has many of these roads with trees to the left and right and I have lived here for 6 1/2 years now and still marvel at the sight in all seasons. I love it best at spring, when the new young leaves still have this very special green, this young spring green. And in summer those areas become really dark, dark enough to be best going with your headlights on even in the brightest sunshine! Gorgeous. I assume "your" street is like that, too. It must also be a great sight in autumn. You should do a "all-season's"-series, maybe, always going back to the same spot (I'd suggest the one from where you took the second photo, as I do "mind" the street sign just a little in the first - well, not "mind", really, but... you know what I mean...! ;))

(Or get yourself a good metal saw and cut it down... for the view down that stretch is nice, too! ;) ;) ;) )

Thanks LaFoto. Yea that sign is distracting. Also the tire mark in the second one is distracting as well. AND if you look really realy close in the second one you can see a poor dead squirrel past the tire mark. Poor little guy. My main objective for this photo was to capture the fog. It's supposed to get thicker and not lift until mid morning. I'm hoping to get up and get the kids loaded to go take these shots again. I will try to get the full effect without the sign, tire track and little squirrel. ;)

Poor bugger. The only close-ups of squirrels I ever WOULD get (don't care to take those!) would be squirrels-as-roadkill - ugh.
That definitely is a spot to go to often and explore in all seasons and lights. I have one of those spots, too, not a road, but a group of trees. I go back there again and again and again. (Alison suggested I do so and I am following her advice ;) - that is what TPF is good for, that and lots more! :D)

LaFoto said:
following her advice ;) - that is what TPF is good for, that and lots more! :D)

I KNOW. That's why I love this place. I like the advise and critique, and I try to follow it. The only problem I have is giving that back. I really don't know what to say. I tend to leave comments on things that really catch my eye.

Oh man, I love quiet streets like these, they are so.....tranquil I guess. Good shots too! Only thing I would look out for, is if you are going for center composition, look on either side of your viewfinder, and continually check to see if you are 'perfectly' center. I really like these shots.

Most reactions

Back