My favorite SUV, wrecked while I hiked!

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I went on a long hike on a nice, hot day, around some mountains and grasslands. I took my camera with me and spent most of the time taking photos (lots of them) and waiting for those sweet moments to unfold.

Well towards the end of the day I start walking to where I knew the SUV was going to be (I get a little lost out there) and when I come over the hill I see these two lumps helping them self to it.

:lmao:

It's all true, and land rovers are my favorite SUV's. This one just happens to belong to the park and they jumped on it from the time I first saw them, to when I made it back to their area.:mrgreen:

Here he is earlier in the morning after breakfast:

Any comments appreciated.:D

Was this still in CA?

Yes, San Diego Wild Animal Park.

I live 10mins from it. I also discovered that I get in for free, so I'll be frequenting it often

I think this lion has balls :p

I've heard of s#it hitting the fan, but balls on the roof?!?!

Maybe it makes more sense, just maybe.

Especially #2.......Did you ask them nicely to move off your favorite SUV?....Mike

Thanks.

I was fairly impressed with the kit 55-200mm lens, it had some pretty quick/sharp focusing, and proved to be well worth the extra couple bucks it cost.
I plan on going back with an 80-400mm to get some better shots.

Well, what I did about the SUV was, I raised my arms above my head to appear larger then I really am, then I go loud and yelled at them to "scat". When that didn't work and they came to say hello, I pushed fellow patron in front of them as they were yelling and seemed more excited then I was.

:lol:

The fact that you included "after breakfast" on #2 made me like it a whole hell of a lot more.
I looked deeper into the photo and saw the matted hair in his pinkish mane, it really made me appreciate the shot.

I have a crappy shot (through the glass), of him eating what appears to be a cows femur... They were hungry :shock:

This is the other male, he was pacing near the fence, looking right at me.
Those wires he is stepping on are there, fanned out, to keep them from building up speed to try and jump out.
He seems fazed right?!?!:raisedbrow:

I wanna know how you get in for free???? lol

I'm in the Military. So all I have to do is show my ID at the Wild Animal Park, and Sea World.
The park is only one exit up, 5 miles back, so I think when I get bored I'll just swing over there to shoot. Seems like a pretty sweet place to walk around and shoot by yourself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back